• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I'm going to be annoying and ask about redirection...

Originally posted by Cracker
Yeah, but what's the point of short URL redirection if it doesn't hide your long URL and causes visitors to bookmark your real URL anyway? You would still have to put up a "Site Moved" page if you change free hosts due to the old free host starting to suck, so that defeats that purpose of free URL forwarding services.
but then you just need to remember to shorter url.

Nu in my language means "hurry up". (Hebrew) But I speak english better than hebrew. Anyone here heard about .TK? (WWW.TK) They seem pretty good, and it's free, and I dont think it's got ads... plus it's a domain redirection, not subdomain. (yoursite.tk instead of yoursite.blah.blah) Can someone who's used them tell me how they are?

I believe they are slow because they're supposed to have been running off of some island in the middle of the ocean, but I wouldn't hesitate if some dude was runnin it out of chicago or someplace.

Make friends with a Russian, that's my advice. I've tried...and tried...and tried... :mad:

watch out for cjb. I ended up with some sort of stealth program on my computer either cjb was watching where I was going, or it had something to do with my fax program. Even virus watch sites weren't too clear on it. However, don't forget if you sign up (free) to be a member at bravenet, you get free url re-direction. You can choose from a few different "short urls", one of which is "clickto.yourname"

+chips, www.now.nu works well for me. They got service interuption before because they moved to a new data center. They used to locate at cjb.net data center. =)

About the "Oops" at domain.kg....welll...that one had all of us for a while. BUT...we found that our laziness was catching up to us. you have to type http://www.domain.kg .

Originally posted by ckevin
+chips, www.now.nu works well for me. They got service interuption before because they moved to a new data center. They used to locate at cjb.net data center. =)

Yeah, after that weird period of downtime and stuff, they seemed to be pretty cool....

Maybe I'll stick with them... :p :confused:

Originally posted by trenzterra
and nu in chinese means female.(if i got it right :\)

Yup, Nu in chinese means female.
'Nu Ren' ?

And about the nu-li, yep it's perseverance. Or rather, work harder. :p

Back