• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I'm going to be annoying and ask about redirection...

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
Well I tried to avoid posting this, but it had to happen..

I've spent almost an hour looking through Yahoo search results and old topics here about redirects, but haven't come up with anything suitable. (Actually, I did find one suitable redirect; but after I entered in my sign-up info, it just kept coming up with a blank error page).

Basically, I want a redirect for a fansite. I want something fairly short - and something easy to remember! I don't want my visitors thinking, "Is it sitename.hjkla.net or sitename.jhkla.net?", for example.

I would prefer to get a domain, but don't want to pay for one just yet in case I can't keep up the site. Also, it takes a while for me to pay for a domain online because I need to get a friend to do it with my money as I have no way of paying for stuff online; so he uses his credit card and I give him the cash to pay it off.

And I really want something with no ads. I would be very happy to put a text link or a small button on my main page, though.

I'm thinking about http://www.dot.nu but I don't know; I tend to think having the word "dot" in a URL, in between "." is kind of iffy...

wait up man, i am doing my best, dedicated server, 3 domians to pick from etc.. if you want an account now, just ask man i will make you one.

yourname.3lx.com
yourname.g4r.net
yourname.0jt.com

i.p@rogers.com

.nu domains are very popular here since "nu" means "now" in Swedish (and Norwegian and Danish too, I think).

Originally posted by meow
.nu domains are very popular here since "nu" means "now" in Swedish (and Norwegian and Danish too, I think).

And if you add "li" after it, it means perseverence in Chinese, I believe. :D

Anyway, I'll take a look at the .nu redirections soon. I've seen only one host use it (freehost.nu), but I've seen tons of guestbooks and redirections use that ending. Where do people register those domains anyway?

Okay looks like I can't use now.nu ? My redirect URL by them goes to "hozting.com" and so does now.nu...

*sighs*

Just when I thought I'd found the perfect solution! :(

Any suggestions, anyone? :confused:

I thought about .com.kg... But don't you think it's the same deal as NameZero? And how would I go about renewing it and stuff? :confused:

We have dicussed that (search if you have the strength...). Anyway, thay (the kg guys) have said the domains they give away now will be forever free. Guess it's the same as the .com.ru's.

And it's not like namezero. You stand as owner. I actually use a couple of mine for email with mydomains mail forwarding and my ISPs smtp. Works really well. Unlimited email addresses. :D

I can't sign up for .com.kg - I just keep getting a page which says 'oops' after I've entered my info. :(

When you register to get an ID? Probably temporary. It's usually very smooth. (I won't tell you how many I have but it's a few :p)

You could go for an iscool.net- I've got no experience with them, but the name sounds good!:D

Or NetRaw I guess.

Back