• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Iis

Abush

DP MAC SC UC...
NLC
Where can I get the lates IIS on my laptop? I don't have it with the default XP that came. I need that and .net framework and everything that is required to run .NET. Please help. thank you!

put in the windows disk and install it from extra components

Keep in mind you'll only get IIS5 on your laptop.
IIS6 is only for win2003.

I don't have the cd on me. any online places? I am looking all over the Microsoft site and I cant find ish@!

IIS 3 or 4 was the last one you could download. 5 and 6 are not downloadable.
You need to install it from a disk.

Hi Abush,

Here are the instructions how to install IIS on XP Home from a Win2000 CD-ROM.
It's NOT on your HDD as XP Home was not meant to run IIS, nor is it copied to disk during installation of XP Home.

Look at the Instructions: you can take it of a Win2000 CD-ROM
"A Windows 2000 installation disc (any version.)"
http://adamv.com/dev/articles/iis-on-xp-home

Kind regards,
PaulP.

Last edited:
Then I am afraid that you are running out of options... Sorry !

Maybe somebody else has a solution ? :confused2

Kind regards,
PaulP.

Cheap? That stuff was like 102 and stuff. I couldn't afford that if my life depended on it.

Cheap? That stuff was like 102 and stuff. I couldn't afford that if my life depended on it.

:lol: what could you afford, I have a full unused 2k box (as in in the retail box- given by MS itself as a 'gift', I'd let go to a serious bidder for less, along with a load of other stuff, maybe I should try ebay :idea:

Never mind, I can't spend anywhere near that. Not more than ten bucks for that. I could prob get it from my mentor, speaking of I'm gona see him tomorrow so I'm gona try my luck with him. Peaces!

Back