• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

If you are a pirate, this is what you get...

anhedonia

I'm on a boat
NLC
GxzeV.jpg

I have to admit, this infographic does have a point.

If you are viewing a paid copy of a movie, why are you also being forced to watch the ads about anti-pirating? If you've copied it illegally, and for some reason the anti-pirating ad is still on there, well you've already committed the crime and probably don't really care...

The unskippable trailers for other movies are what really annoy me though. I want to watch THIS movie. One of the movies I have includes trailers for other movies, the anti-pirating ad, the ratings info, and then a long interview with the cast from another movie about "the making of..." Unfortunately, it's for a movie I really did NOT enjoy, and having to sit through it every time is beyond irritating!

Wow, that sucks. I sometimes go to the movie theater and don't get that much crap. Also, my DVD player lets me skip most of that crap. :p

Also, my DVD player lets me skip most of that crap. :p

Blu ray is getting better for this. It lets you skip the previews... but still won't let you skip the US copyright bull---- even if you're not in the US and you don't give a ---- about their laws

Being a contented owner of a networked media player and a really nice home theater, I ripped all of my DVD's to my hard disks and stripped out all of the annoying garbage that the various distributors saw fit to inflict their customers with so my movie watching experience is more along the "pirate" line, without the guilt.
I gotta admit though, I LOVE the THX intro sound effects.

The point is that pirating is currently better in quality, quantity and speed (of obtaining) than any non-pirating service out there. The only services that I think come close are the on-demand services, but they lack in quality (if on the internet) or quantity (usually only a select few TV shows and a select few movies). Piracy is just leagues better. I can have pretty much any movie or TV program I want in 720p (if released in HD) being watched on my TV within 20 minutes.

The point is that pirating is currently better in quality, quantity and speed (of obtaining) than any non-pirating service out there. The only services that I think come close are the on-demand services, but they lack in quality (if on the internet) or quantity (usually only a select few TV shows and a select few movies). Piracy is just leagues better. I can have pretty much any movie or TV program I want in 720p (if released in HD) being watched on my TV within 20 minutes.

Yeah, I've seen this argument brought up a lot. I'm not going to profess to know what I'm talking about in terms of quality, but if this is true - what do DVD companies really expect?

It's the same as movie theatres charging $15+ per ticket, and drinks being $6, popcorn $7, candy bars $4-5, etc etc... Why on earth would you bother going to see a movie in a cinema for, let's say, $25-30 per person (with some snacks) when you can purchase the DVD for around the same price and watch it as many times as you want??? Particularly now that high quality home movie theatres are becoming more and more accessible...

It seems that certain companies were happily ripping the consumer off, and aren't really willing to do much to improve their customer service (eg quality of their products), but will throw the legal book at people downloading illegally...

Then again, how many can honestly say they would purchase their DVDs legally if the quality and forced "extras" were removed?

P.S. If someone can guide me to a general direction of how to copy my DVDs without all that extra forced junk, I would be incredibly grateful! :classic2:

P.S. If someone can guide me to a general direction of how to copy my DVDs without all that extra forced junk, I would be incredibly grateful! :classic2:

Probably the simplest method is DVDFab http://www.dvdfab.com/

Or you could get AnyDVD to unlock the disk and use some other software to rip it.

Both of these are sort of pricey but they do have free trial periods. Of course there are always hacked versions of them available with a brief search.

By the way, do you know why pirates are called pirates?

No reason... They just arrrrrrrrrrrrr!:p

Slysoft's line of product is really good for that. If you are looking for DVD to DVD copy, use AnyDVD with CloneDVD

Back