• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

IE help & internet help...

_Street_Fighter

i got winxp pro sp1, IE6.0 with 6.1 update, and i use a DUN to connect to the internet...

how come some of the characters in IE dont show up? instead of the copyright sign at the bottom of the page, i see "Copyright ? 2002 Per Olof Sandholm" and on top menu, i see "News ? Search ? Reviews ? Message Boards ? Related Links ? Advertising Info ? Contact Us".. the question mark alwys shows up... does anyone why? I dont wanna redownload/reinstall IE because im on a 56k...

and for the internet help... should my connection freeze when I close my internet multiplayer games? After I play something and quit, the connection freezes for like 15-30 secs then it starts responding... this happens to me with my DUN and with paid ISPs (ive had MSN for a year and tried some free ones)... is this normal? sometimes if im lucky (once every hundred times) the connection doesnt freeze when i quit my games...

- SF

Originally posted by _Street_Fighter
how come some of the characters in IE dont show up? instead of the copyright sign at the bottom of the page, i see "Copyright ? 2002 Per Olof Sandholm" and on top menu, i see "News ? Search ? Reviews ? Message Boards ? Related Links ? Advertising Info ? Contact Us".. the question mark alwys shows up... does anyone why? I dont wanna redownload/reinstall IE because im on a 56k...
I remember LeX had this problem some time back, see attachment here, but I can't seem to find another thread where it was explained.

<edit>I knew I would find it eventually :confused2

http://freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18508

Last edited:
are you using a fully English localised windows install (or any other language that has the 'normal' a-z letters)?
I'm fairly sure it's a font problem. Did you change or delete any of the standard fonts that come with Windows?

k thnx Jan for your help... i changed the encoding to Western European and now it works fine...

CareBear: i use an english version windows xp...

what about the net freezing when i quit my online games? is that normal?

- SF

Back