• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

IE 9 developer tools

stuffradio

Super Moderator#1
NLC
You know,
IE 9 has been saving me lately. FireFox doesn't have anything built in that tells you what files are being fetched, etc. Only now are they adding things that let you inspect elements like how Firebug did. Can't believe IE 9 has been saving me in different situations haha.

Chrome's had all that from the start, the download bar is a bloody pest though, better if when you open a show all downloads the bar disappears.

I haven't tried IE9 yet, but thought the dev tools on 8 was rubbish! Which is probably one of the reasons I've not been quick to give it a try. Still, will do, maybe this weekend.

I hope they're better on 9...

I haven't tried IE9 yet, but thought the dev tools on 8 was rubbish! Which is probably one of the reasons I've not been quick to give it a try. Still, will do, maybe this weekend.

I hope they're better on 9...
I've been hesitating with loading IE9, but since it seems to be much better with HTML5 than before, I'm planning to download it this weekend.
:)

Internet Explorer 9 are a user-agent switching tool, a network traffic inspector, an improved JavaScript profiler, and integrated support for new web standards introduced with Internet Explorer 9.

Fortunately I have no any necessity in using IE at all. I do not like the products of Microsoft except for their office and windows. Their browser should not be that popular at all, to my mind.

Internet Explorer 9 are a user-agent switching tool, a network traffic inspector, an improved JavaScript profiler, and integrated support for new web standards introduced with Internet Explorer 9.

You can do user agent switching in Firefox too. You just need a plugin for that.

I can't download IE9, since I'm not a windows 7 user.
Me too. I think they should take Microsoft to court for:

1. Forcing people to use Windows 7. XP is perfect enough, yet its support is going to be suspended soon.
2. Forcing people to buy hardware with only Windows 7 on it. That to me is deliberately conniving with hardware manufacturers as well.
3. HP does not provide drivers for certain of the older printers. Someone needs to charge them for environmental damage as a result of having to buy new printers. For example my HP Laserjet1000 has no driver for Windows 7, nor is HP going to get one for it. If one checks out discussion groups, people are livid and have even opted for Canon printers instead. I won't be able to use my scanner either.
4. Creating Operating Software that requires hardware upgrades
5. Forcing people to have Windows 7 if they want to use IE9.

Nah, they were already taken to court for all that kind of stuff, and the Dept. of Justice cleared them. They're in the clear now to do whatever they like.

Nah, they were already taken to court for all that kind of stuff, and the Dept. of Justice cleared them. They're in the clear now to do whatever they like.

They are too rich to lose most of the case.
I suspect, corruption involved in the verdict.
But anyway, Microsoft has now become poorer after Steve Balmer taken over.
They might be gone in the next 10 years time.

Me too. I think they should take Microsoft to court for:

1. Forcing people to use Windows 7. XP is perfect enough, yet its support is going to be suspended soon.

XP is 10-year old technology. It is not perfect by any means. People that insist on using this 10-year old technology are the reason why viruses on windows are so out of hand. Only so much can be done through patches without changing the base of the system.

Seriously, are you going to ----- about buying a <$200 operating system after 10 years? Thats less than $20 a year, or less than $2 a month for something you use every day. Skip the McDonalds or once a month or order water instead of a drink at a restaurant. Seriously people, don't be so rediculous.

You are going to ----- about paying the hundreds of people who work hard every day to create and maintain microsoft products. And the man who has benefited the most from all of this over the years has publicly pledged to give over 90% of his wealth to charity, and currently works full time helping charities around the world.

Last edited:
XP is 10-year old technology. It is not perfect by any means. People that insist on using this 10-year old technology are the reason why viruses on windows are so out of hand. Only so much can be done through patches without changing the base of the system.

Seriously, are you going to ----- about buying a <$200 operating system after 10 years? Thats less than $20 a year, or less than $2 a month for something you use every day. Skip the McDonalds or once a month or order water instead of a drink at a restaurant. Seriously people, don't be so rediculous.

You are going to ----- about paying the hundreds of people who work hard every day to create and maintain microsoft products. And the man who has benefited the most from all of this over the years has publicly pledged to give over 90% of his wealth to charity, and currently works full time helping charities around the world.
Great post and agreed with Deeplist it deserves a +rep.

Seriously though, not all people need to have the latest technology, nor can afford to upgrade their hardware all of the time. I don't see why they should be sponsoring others indirectly for developing new products. Should that cost not be absorbed by corporations like Microsoft that is earning billions in income from people who have no choice but to buy their products?

Once Microsoft has committed itself to a product like XP, I don't see why it should not be maintained from a security point of view as long as it takes. I also don't understand why those brilliant developers cannot ensure that my old hardware would still be working with Windows 7. Surely after years and years of development this driver thing should have been sorted out by now? And it should be simply a "no no" from an environmental point of view for people to have to chuck out their printers and hardware just so that they can be on the Windows 7 platform.

Back