• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

ICQ using banners to stay free?

Not quite, my fine feathered friend.... Windows Millenium does not crash every half-hour like Windows 95 did. :)

Come on, we all know that MS-DOS 1.0 is the best operating system ever, with Mac System Software 1.0 being close behind!

Mandrake, since when was I feathered? ;)

Also, for me, Windows 95 does not crash often (once a week) compared to Windoze Me's 30 minute timed crash.

It's better than being tarred and feathered... :)

I had Win95 on my old system and I usually had to dial into the Net about two or three times a net due to 95 deciding it needed to reboot, on its own.

My new system came with WinME and it's been great... It's never completely locked up, even if an individual program may crash... And that doesn't even happen very often.

Windows 95 is one of the worst operating systems next to the 98 series. The MacOS hasn't been reliable since the PowerPCs came out.

Anybody having troubles with ICQ98a? I can't seem to register my own UIN... it was like that since a long time ago, back when 98 was the newest version. I think there was the same problem with 99. I didn't have this problem with 2000 though.... weird. :(

Originally posted by LeX
Anybody having troubles with ICQ98a? I can't seem to register my own UIN...

Just register in ICQ2000 or ICQ99 and login with 98. I had the same problem, but it's fixed pretty easiliy.

Is it because you already have ICQ2000 open? You can't have 2 ppl in the same account at the same time.

No, I don't have 2000 open.. I didn't run anything except ICQ98a. It says that it's registering, but after like 5 long tries it tells me it failed and told me to retry. I did that a couple o' times, then I got pissed and shut the program. :mad:

I see that their core kernal is called Darwin. Did you know that people who win a Darwin award are people who die a funny death? Let's see how MacOSX fares ;)

They also claim to have an "uncrashable" core, Microsoft said the same thing about Windows 2000. And sure, it's better than Windows 9x, but what isn't? Windows 2000 is also easily crashed.

MacOS X, ICQ

MacOS X's kernel is based on a unix kernal it dont get more stable than that. and as for ICQ, I got one word, imici search softseek.com for it. (It rolls MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and its own server into one small 500K download.)

Originally posted by Coolin
I see that their core kernal is called Darwin. Did you know that people who win a Darwin award are people who die a funny death? Let's see how MacOSX fares ;)

Most likely they are naming it after Charles Darwin, the same scientist (evolution, natural selection, etc.) the Darwin Awards are named in honor of.

Re: MacOS X, ICQ

Originally posted by DemonKnight
MacOS X's kernel is based on a unix kernal it dont get more stable than that. and as for ICQ, I got one word, imici search softseek.com for it. (It rolls MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo and its own server into one small 500K download.)

It's funny, when I had an iMac all I did was bitch about how stripped-down the Mac port of ICQ was. Now that I have a PC, all I do is bitch about how bloated the Windows version heh.

But I'm glad to hear a third-party is making an ICQ clone. Mac wouldn't even have napster if nobody had made Macster, which now is the official Mac Napster client.

Back