• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iContact-Hosting Re-Design - All Critics Welcome

icontact

hello all,

iContact-Hosting - Version 4

Its been a few weeks now since the site has been redesigned.
A lot of pages has been removed as it was proving to be uncessary, the aim was to consolidate the contents but not making it looked cluttered. I have yet to go over it with a fine tooth comb so in case you find any mistakes please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

As you can see the site is now up to Version 4, we have been hosting since March 2005 and the site has gone under development a number of times. In my personal opinion I think this may be the best version yet, but I could be biased in my opinion. =)

If there is anything that you dont like or that annoys about the site, please post it here and we will definately review it.

iContact-Hosting - Version 4

Thanks for your feedback.

very nice site icontact,

heres a few nit -picks to fix:
-check your pixel spacing between the major blocks
(eg. the header and link box hae a smaller white gap than the content and the "our beliefs" box)
- also check the width or the boxes on the left, thye are slightly out

other than those the site looks very professional my friend, good luck with the business!

BooM said:
very nice site icontact,

heres a few nit -picks to fix:
-check your pixel spacing between the major blocks
(eg. the header and link box hae a smaller white gap than the content and the "our beliefs" box)
- also check the width or the boxes on the left, thye are slightly out

other than those the site looks very professional my friend, good luck with the business!

thanks for the feedback and you are absolutely right. you have a good eye, i like it, some people wouldnt worry about that stuff. I like it pixel perfect too. Ill get onto it. Cheers Mate!

Hi,

It's good, but in addition to the above I would consider making your links a different colour to your base text- I didn't realise that they were links until I hovered over one by chance.

Just want to ask dose templatemonster allow there images to be used, that server on the right is from a templatemonster template just asking other then that it look nice.

yep those plan server images and the giant server images are template monster images. you are not allowed to use them....and lets hope you really did not want to anyway because they are out of place. other than that the site looks pretty nice, good coloring and quite simple

lol like my biased opinion counts, but 4/5. I don't think it's necessary to use images for the plan specs (as it's all plain text), and there should be some space below the last plan before the hosting speeds box. Now I'll continue with my own little experiment - converting my HTML to SSI... what a nightmare!

1 more piece of advice. The link in my sig was out of date (just realized) and pointed to http://icontact-hosting.com/freehosting.htm

...when you remove/rename pages you may want to put a line or two in your .htaccess file to redirect to a new page (if I can do it, I'm sure you can do it). The code you would use in this instance is:
Code:
Redirect /freehosting.htm http://icontact-hosting.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29
OR
Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} ^freehosting.htm [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://icontact-hosting.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29 [R=301,NC]
R=301 indicates this is a permanent redirect. um... what else, you need...
Code:
RewriteEngine on
Written once in the file before any rewrite commands... and as you moved from .htm to .php something like this may have been useful:
Code:
RedirectMatch (.+).htm $1.php
I think that would work.

:beer:

the design is very nice and the site is very attractive.
but i dont find a heading at the top.
usually we find a heading with bigger letters mentioning the name of the site at the top and a logo.

Back