• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ibm X60 or Dell D430

Which Laptop?

• Ibm X60

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Dell D430

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
Following up my previous thread, I've decided to go used. No 10" atom netbook.

My last two choices are:
- Ibm Thinkpad X60
- Dell D430

Both are 12" screens, no optical drive, weight 3.2Lbs, have a 6-7 hour battery life and have the eraserhead mouse which I love.

Ibm X60 Pros:
- Core Duo 1.83Ghz
- 2.5Gb of ram (4 max)
- Professional solid look

Ibm X60 Cons:
- 4:3 screen
- Expensive accesories/parts

Dell D430 Pros:
- Core 2 Duo 1.2Ghz ULV
- Widescreen
- Cheaper initial cost
- Cheaper accesories/parts

Dell D430 Cons:
- It's a Dell
- 2Gb of Ram (2 max)

Using cpubenchmark.net's cpu scores I've done a performance/price ratio division and both are quite equal:
X60: 1.558
D430: 1.524

If the X60 would of been a widescreen I'd take it without any other thoughs, but it's a bit of a deal breaker.

Votes are open
Help me decide :)

I've had the X60T all summer long for work last year and loved it, fast, reliable and the screen is easy to work on when outside or in the car. I currently have the X61 Tablet and it's fantastic! Lenovo for sure, you won't be disappointed.

Ok I was almost decided on getting the Dell with my student discount but then I noticed IBM was having a 10% off sale. The dell I was looking at getting was a d600 latitude and the ibm im considering is a t40. Both have a ati 9000 32mb gfx card 1.4ghz centrino processor and a 14.1 sxga screen rez. I am kinda torn between the 2 because they are both in the same price range. This will be my first laptop and I want to make sure I get the best for my money. Which would be the better laptop to go with ibm or dell? Which has a better build quality and will last me longer. I know they are both good companies but Id like some opinions plz.

Back