• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I read an amazing book!

JasonS

What goes here?
NLC
Hey,

I have a close friend called Jim Carnegie and I bought his new book called "IN A DIFFERENT LEAGUE" off him in person (wit woo eh?) just 8 days ago and having read it, in a non-bias opinion, it is a TRULY AMAZING read. It's about cricket and the north-south divide in the UK. Despite being hesitant due to my little knowledge of cricket, it was a real good read and a true laugh :)

312 pages of pure genious writing if you ask me! If you want a read, I THINK it's on Amazon for £8.99 (I think). Amazing read though, feel honoured to know the guy.

As I know him, he coaches the British Basket Ball team :)

I'm not sure I can trust someone's opinion on what is "genious" when the correct spelling is genius. Especially since this whole post yells "ADVERTISEMENT!" :p

I'm not sure I can trust someone's opinion on what is "genious" when the correct spelling is genius. Especially since this whole post yells "ADVERTISEMENT!" :p
Wow, I've always spelt it genious? British typing of it?

Not advertisement at all, just an awesome read. Got the book off the guy in person and thought I'd give it a slash and it was pretty darn funny lol :)

It is genious, damn you Americans/Canadians taking our language and twisting it.

Sounds like a good read. Not a big reader my self but I loved all the Clarkson books.

It is genious, damn you Americans/Canadians taking our language and twisting it.

Sounds like a good read. Not a big reader my self but I loved all the Clarkson books.
THANK-YOU.

I knew is was genious and I wasn't going mental :D

I read Clarkson's latest which kept popping up on the WHSmith adverts, he IS a nice read too :)

It's genius, though I do spell it like genious sometimes too when I flap away at the keyboard without thinking.

2. Genious
What one person calls another while trying to subvert the other's intelligence, often in a public forum.

The attacker may account for the superfluous "o" by claiming to be of French heritage, but no one will believe him and will enjoy the irony of misspelling "genius" while trying to undermine another's intelligence.

A petty member of the forum will point out the mistake and may create a new definition for "genious" at Urban Dictionary.
"You sound like a genious."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=genious

Edit: I've also done lots of Googling trying to see if you weirdo's are correct for thinking it's British spelling, all people I've seen responding say it is not British spelling and it's people who are stupid. So don't blame me for correcting you on something you've been doing wrong for years!

Last edited:

Heh, Canadians use most of the British takes on words (colour, theatre, etc.)

Notice how I live in British Columbia? :)

Ah. I feel stupid now.... I never thought of that. I'm gonna spend a few minutes figuring out WTF the British were doing in Canada on the west coast.

Edit: Okay, I've had a little bit to drink. Can someone explain to me WTF the British were doing in Canada on the west coast? I figured out where the Columbia part comes from, but wtf. Damn Canadians and their mind games and free healthcare.

Last edited:
I honestly need to learn more about USA, but I need to learn more about my Country also.

ITT: Stuffradio has turned the topic from reading a book, to pronunciation to history lessons!

Back