• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I just broke up with my girlfriend

Robert said:
Why would you lose her as a friend? Some people want to get married, some people want to have kids, and some people don't want either. But maybe you would change your mind. If she doesn't want to be your friend, that's her lose.

But I think you should compromise. Make her understand that at CURRENT PRESENT time you do not want to get married. The responsibilities, obligations and the financial stress is just too much for you to have to worry about now. But as time goes by, and your relationship with her becomes more serious, you'll give it more consideration.

Once you two move in together, you will have a better view of what it's like being married to her. But until then, she should just love you for who you are. After all, being married doesn't make you hers for life; it just makes it an expensive break up!

I once asked a friend of mine why he doesn't get married to her his girlfriend, his reply was "because I can't afford the divorce".

Its that thinking that raises todays divorce rates. :devious2:

Like you said gn, you're 20 years old and have been dating her for 3.5 years. It was probably time to move on anyway.

Happy relationship or not I think there's always a time and place for some experimenation and fun. Remember all the good times you two have had and save them somewhere. Now spend some time with your other friends, and go out and make some new memories.

and as a P.S, not retaining her as a friend may be a good thing. In fact, not seeing or speaking to her for a while could also be good. I say this because neither of you needs the heartache.

Furthermore, being 20 and single is AWESOME. When else are you going to be free enough to do whatever the hell you want without waking up with stiff joints the next day?

Exactly. I know it's not exactly an easy process, but obviously time heals all wounds. You'll see. And she'll see. You two may be friends, or you may not. Life will go on, and things get better. Trust me, I know.

Hmm for some reason I stopped getting email response notifications to this thread after my last post so I thought it had died.

To clear things up a bit up. I didn't post this cause I was sad about it (not to say I'm not) but more or less because it's going to be an exciting time for me.

It's a lot of pressure off of my back not worrying about starting a relationship with any women that I meet. Not to say I just want a hook-up/casual sex or something but I'm at the point where I am going to meet women enjoy them for a bit but absolutely not start anything serious and move on without feeling stuck or obligated.

To simplify things, basically I don't want to be "in love" or "fall in love". To be honest I don't believe in love, I just believe in your brain f**king with your hormones to tell you that you need something because that's what it's comfortable with.

Well it's time for some mind over matter...bring on the single life...

I've actually been doing quite well on my game. I've got a couple prospects...

Tree said:
Love is nothing but a biochemical reaction designed to make sure our genes get passed on.

It's not "biochemical", I'd say it's more of a reaction of our instincts. Whatever you want to say it is, is fine with me though, because what it isn't is a magical unexplainable thing that people, mostly women seem to think it is. It's just in your head

When I explain to people how I don't feel love was real I usually compare it to when you eat something and get "full"

There are really no nerve endings in your belly that are telling you that you're stomach is full. It's your brain telling you it has had enough.

Back