• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I just broke up with my girlfriend

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
I am 20 years old. I've been dating this girl happily for 3.5 years. Pretty much everyone in my family likes her more than me...she is nicer. We had been arguing a lot lately and she kept getting pissed at me when I would do stuff without her. Like last night I went out to a bar and there was a band playing the whole time so I never got to call her and the weekend before I hung out with a friend rather than her...it's more detailed than all that of course but bottom line, we haven't been getting along.

I've also, although I've kept this to myself, felt that I absolutely do not want to get married, ever, to anyone. It just isn't my thing. I have felt this way for a long time, I mentioned it to her once but tonight after we had a "talk" I had to express that.

So it turned into this whole "Well I can't be with someone who doesn't want to be married" but neither of us have the "balls" to actually say "well should we break up"

Eventually after her crying for about an hour we decided that we should split-up.

It pisses me off, why can't we just agree. we aren't compatible like that. Now her friends are going to hate me cause I am a ---- and ultimately I'll lose her as a friend.

I can accept that. I suppose the hard part is that, except from a few friends, I have no support. My mom, ironically, just came into my room yelling at me saying how I don't treat her well enough and crap.

anyway...

Ah sorry to hear bout it then - are you still gonna "be friends" ?

Dean said:
Ah sorry to hear bout it then - are you still gonna "be friends" ?

Yeah, to be honest we have no choice, we are to assocciated with each other not to. It also makes it a little harder. We broke up once about a year ago for a brief time and when I told my mom about it, she said "You stupid shmuck" so I am going to give it some time before I tell her about it again.

maybe get back together and have make-up sex and hope things get better from there ;)

Damn, that always sucks to hear man, im sorry. Just keep your head up high and enjoy the single life for a while, it isn't so bad.

Why would you lose her as a friend? Some people want to get married, some people want to have kids, and some people don't want either. But maybe you would change your mind. If she doesn't want to be your friend, that's her lose.

But I think you should compromise. Make her understand that at CURRENT PRESENT time you do not want to get married. The responsibilities, obligations and the financial stress is just too much for you to have to worry about now. But as time goes by, and your relationship with her becomes more serious, you'll give it more consideration.

Once you two move in together, you will have a better view of what it's like being married to her. But until then, she should just love you for who you are. After all, being married doesn't make you hers for life; it just makes it an expensive break up!

I once asked a friend of mine why he doesn't get married to her his girlfriend, his reply was "because I can't afford the divorce".

anhedonia said:
I find this such an odd thread to post. Why announce it to the world? :/

Maybe the same reason you announce to the world that your a alcoholic ;).

Back