• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I inadvertently bought a bargain

Jan

Forum Cleaner
NLC
A couple of months ago I bought a website and whilst I wasn't keen on the way it was presented, I was thinking I would use the domain, but in the meantime, it had a bit of a site that would tide me over till I got around to developing it myself.

I bid $5 on it as that was the minimum bid. BIN was $50. I got a surprised when nobody else bid on it and the owner PMed me to say I had won it.

Today I was checking stats and I spotted that particular one (which I had forgotten about :redface:) and got a suprise to see that this month it had already 500 uniques :whatthe:, last month was over 1000. I then opened it and fount it was PR3 as were a couple of inner pages I looked. I haven't advertised it, linked to it, nothing. Just uploaded and forgot about it :confused4

Oh silly Jan, you should've put this in the Domain section! Haha jk

Just put adsense on it and give me the earnings :)

I thought of putting in domains, but it is more about the site than the domain. No it is more about getting a bargain :p

It does have adsense already, but I didn't see any rise in adsense during that time. I have channelised it now, so we'll see.

I think we all want to know that Hamster :lol:

Jan, can I hire you to up my PR? I'll give you lifetime rep's :lol: ;)

The PR has me intrigued. I am sure it was PR0 when I bought it, else the minimum bid would have been considerably higher. I must get back to those stats for a closer look. I was so surprised I didn't dig too deep at the time. I went back to the site from where I purchased it to see what I paid for it and then to adsense to tweak the code a bit.

Well done Jan :D

I'm happy for you. I'm sad because my site hasn't been PR Updated *sigh* but it'll come wont it? With a few 1st page results... Wont it?

Jan, since that's it, just sell it off at DP for a steal :p They would neva know! :evilb:

Back