• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I have a simple question hope you can answer.

intruth

I was wondering how many hit or visitors can your website get if you have
a limit of 5 GB of traffic to your site.

Im searching for a webhosting server and I see this alot so it would be nice if they could tell you how many hit or visits that means....

thank you.

There's no definitive answer.

It all depends on how large the page and any images or other files they're accessing is.

For example:

5 gB = 5,000,000 kB (technically 5,242,880, but for the sake of simplicity, let's not use that)

Let's say your page is 50 kB and you have 5000 visitors.

5000 * 50 kB = ~250,000 kB = 250 mB = ~0.25 gB

Last edited:
It depends on how bandwidth intensive your site is. I know of one site that gets around 10,000 uniques per month and uses just under 5GB of bandwidth while another uses 10GB because the site also makes use of Flash animations.

I was wondering how many hit or visitors can your website get if you have
It is important to make a distention between "hits" and "visitors". A hit occurs every time something is loaded. For example, if someone visits a page with 10 images, your stats counter will record 11 hits (one for the page and 10 for the images). The number of hits you get each month doesn't really mean all that much. The prime reason it is so commonly used is because it inflates the popularity of the site in the eyes of people who have limited knowledge of how site statistics work. You should focus on the number on unique visitors you get each month. :)

TJR Networks said:
It depends on how bandwidth intensive your site is. I know of one site that gets around 10,000 uniques per month and uses just under 5GB of bandwidth while another uses 10GB because the site also makes use of Flash animations.

It is important to make a distention between "hits" and "visitors". A hit occurs every time something is loaded. For example, if someone visits a page with 10 images, your stats counter will record 11 hits (one for the page and 10 for the images). The number of hits you get each month doesn't really mean all that much. The prime reason it is so commonly used is because it inflates the popularity of the site in the eyes of people who have limited knowledge of how site statistics work. You should focus on the number on unique visitors you get each month. :)

Explained briefly but in a nice way!

What is the definition of Unique Visitors? Is it the amount of certain number of visitors hitting your site per month? what if someone visits more than once, then do you consider this as unique?

an explanation would be nice :)

Thanks Mate!

Wassouf

Unique means a single visitor. ie. If you have 1000 individual people visit your site, you have 1000 unique visitors. If each visits 10 times each month, you have have 10,000 visits. Your statistics software should give you this data amongst other things (though the number of unique visitors you get each month may not be 100% accurate).

Back