• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I hate Orthodontists (continued)

You'll get over it - I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you will.

I'm 44 and got braces three weeks ago.

The first week was terrible. I went through two boxes of beeswax covering the metal that was cutting into my soft tissue.

The second week the wires went on and that softened things up quite a bit - but I still used a box of beeswax covering a couple of large metal anchors that cut into both the underside of my tounge and the back side of my cheeks.

The third week and all is well - except that my teeth are all loose and I can't bite anything worth a damn...

No more wire pain though :).

29 months to go... :classic2:

-t

Wow! at 44 you still would get braces? i wouldnt.

I got mine like 4 months ago.

It hurts as hell the first week then after you go every month it also hurts for a day or two then its over.

When i had braces (when was 12-14), I use to drink cold cold water, seem to help. Now I'm 18 and my teeth are the best! White and straight. Everyone loves them!

I think I must be the only person to not use the wax. When I had braces I threw the wax away the first day I got them, and everyone else I know always had wax all over their braces to keep from getting cut, yet I never got a cut from mine... :confused:

I had braces for a year... and since the time where they were tightened was three weeks instead of four where I lived, I had them off earlier. They said about 12 months, in the US the time given was 24 months. You will get over the pain.

Originally posted by Nick
I think I must be the only person to not use the wax. When I had braces I threw the wax away the first day I got them, and everyone else I know always had wax all over their braces to keep from getting cut, yet I never got a cut from mine... :confused:

The things were pretty darn sharp. I used them the first time. Then after a week i didnt feel them anymore and the wax is somewhere around here.

Now i dont need it anymore.

I got my braces off about a month ago. Finally. I used the wax once or twice, but other than that I didn't really have any problems with my braces. My teeth weren't really that bad, so I guess that helped. It just hurts to chew the first 2 or 3 days after a tightening.

i never used the wax.. couldnt stand the taste. my doc was good as cutting the wires short enough so they would poke my mouth.
$2,400 dollars later i'm a nice kid w/ nice teeth.

Originally posted by DCI
Wow! at 44 you still would get braces? i wouldnt.
I didn't need them until I was in my 20's. Did you know your teeth continue to move all your life? At 43 my teeth started chipping and breaking because they were rubbing together.

I cannot get dental floss of any kind between my teeth. They are still relatively straight, they are just so tight together that they are problematic...

I had little choice.

Braces it is...

-t

all u infidels, i can't believe you are complaining about the pain.. I got braces.. it took 4 long years! it ruin my highschool year, I can't get any girls cause of that.. I keep telling doc to fasten the process. and he give me all these horse crap ... "if i do you gonna come and start crying.. blah blah blah" he is such a wussy, like all his patient. I never once complaint about the pain. after a fews days i had the braces on.. I hurts.. but not so much that it make me complain.. of course i wasn't able to chew.. but i learn how to swallow stuff whole.. and it make me eat alot faster now.

And that wax crap they give you.. it used less. don't know why you need it.. it makes you look even more retarted.. they probably think you are a hilbilly. with all that crap in your teeth.

I've seen lots of guys with braces that can get girls... maybe it's cause you're not very nice:confused: :D

its not really the girl really.. its probably me.. cause I am shy, unsecure, and no sentivtive.. but I do get negative comments evertime i smile. tahts why when i had it.. i try not to laugh or smile to much..
how sad my life is..

Ok, let me set the record. I got braces a couple months ago, but they took the wires off cuz they werent working, and now they put everything back on. The cutting stopped a couple months ago. Its just pain now.

Originally posted by shizzle
Ok, let me set the record. I got braces a couple months ago, but they took the wires off cuz they werent working, and now they put everything back on. The cutting stopped a couple months ago. Its just pain now.

What cutting? cause all u responble is to clean them... pain don't last for more than 3 days.. for each visit..

braces & dentists are nothing. wait until you need periodontal & they cut skin out of the roof of your mouth & transplant it to build up your gums.

what is that? why would you need to do that? is it the disease where they had to go under your gums with a hook.. to remove this fungus that causes an infection? and i heard there is no novicane put in too?

Eww!!!!!!!!!!! <<runs into corner>>

I had a whole line of dental-devices, well, since I was like 8 or so...

Here we go:
1. Night Brace - 1 year?
2. Palette Expander - 2yrs.
3. Braces - 2yrs
4. Retainer - still have it, need it for 1 year, almost done!

Now I wouldn't complain about getting braces, GEEZ!

PS- That wax stuff is cr@p! It wouldn't even stay in my mouth, I threw it away the next day.

Back