• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I guess this is a good way to get more hits ;)

almuhajabah

If you have some spare time, you can check out my site at http://almuhajabah.tripod.com

I should mention in advance that my site is all about Islam, so if you're not interested in religion in general or in Islam in particular, you can skip it :)

I'm currently working on a redesign of the front page to try and reduce the clutter but don't have it up yet.

Thanks in advance.

Peace.

No it isn't a good idea:

<<nor was that - if you don't wish to review, as he/she said, skip it>>

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like any typical geocities newbie site. change the font if you can and organize the navigation. organize items into tables as it looks messy

Probably not a-very-helpful opinion, but I like it. Nice and simple for reading, easy enough to navigate. People don't need whacky, exotic designs for sites like these, so congrats on the site.

I've also bookmarked the site for reading. I'm a Buddhist/agnostic, and it's not likely I'm going to convert any time soon, but it's always good to understand other religions. :)

I looked at your site from a design point of view. From that perspective I think you really need to get your new front page up before any meaningful comments will come. If you want people to review your content, that is a separate issue and one that I am not best placed to provide comment on. My advice is to get your new home page up and then come back and ask for a review. The only thing I can do at this stage is confirm your opinion that the current home page is cluttered.

Good luck with the re-design.

Simon

OK, a new design is up ( http://almuhajabah.tripod.com ) This time I'd like some specific feedback on the font size in the "guide to my site" section. Yes, it's small but is it too small, or is it "that's pretty small but I can read it"?

P.S. If you think my site is cluttered, you should see my apartment!

P.P.S. Thanks, Shirty, for your comments! I'm glad you liked the content. :)

Very basic. Easy to navigate, but looks too plain.

The main page is also cluttered with all your "extras".

- Aquatix :)

As Shirty said, I'm not going for a fancy or exotic design. It's supposed to be fairly plain. Easy to read and navigate and fairly quick to load even on a slow connection.

I tried to move the extras towards the bottom of the page. I guess that's sort of like "re-arranging" the clutter to put it all in one corner of the room, lol. I'll see if I can cut back the clutter even more.

Thanks for your feedback.

Originally posted by puggy106
Good site ...good layout but I agree u should change the font, my fav is Comic Sans :) oh and arial bold

Verdana is probably the most common and compatible, although, I worry about the people who don't have those fonts on their computer :)

The front page is in Arial, the other pages are Courier New. Some people don't like the Courier New at all, others say that it's easy to read *shrugs*

I don't want to get too creative with fonts in case the visitor doesn't have them on their computer and the page ends up looking really weird to them. Almost everybody has got to have Arial or Courier New! :p

Don't use courier use verdana or Arial...It looks like a NooB site like the rest of the geocities/tripod pages I have seen :( what a shame make it look cool and get a proper navigation

Back