• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I-465 to David Letterman Expressway??

CommunityOne

I am watching the news, and David Letterman wants I-465 to be named after him as "David Letterman Expressway"!

Yeah, I will still call it 465 if they change it, but still, he should just choose a different highway or street, not the main way to get around Indianapolis!

What do YOU think about this??? I want to know. :D

Seriously dude, you don't know who David Letterman is? Late night TV, on CBS.

And that's pretty funny...I would prefer to call it the 465 too. It's kinda like the "Matlock Expressway".

He is a really famous guy...

He graduated from Butler University and was a weather man. I think. Then he got the job on the late show with David Letterman. Now he wants the main expressway around Indianapolis named after himself. I would say that he should have a "Memorial" highway instead of a highway during his lifetime... such as the William Natcher Memorial Bridge connecting an Indiana county with Kentucky.

Correct me if I am wrong. lol :D

Federal Taxes as well as State Taxes pay for the maintaince for city and state roads. If David Letterman wants a state highway named after him AND is willing to pay for some sort of maintaince.. I say give it to him. With the amount of money he makes every year PLUS bonuses for special apperances, he could afford it.

Money = Power.
Power = Money.

Hmm...

But 465 is HUGE. He would pay for the signs that say "David Letterman Expressway". I have said it before and I will say it again, I will still call it 465 and so will many Indiana residents.

BTW, to show how HUGE 465 is, take out a map of Indiana and you will see how big it really is. This goes around the entire city of Indianapolis!

Federal Taxes as well as State Taxes pay for the maintaince for city and state roads. If David Letterman wants a state highway named after him AND is willing to pay for some sort of maintaince.. I say give it to him. With the amount of money he makes every year PLUS bonuses for special apperances, he could afford it.

Money = Power.
Power = Money.

Hmm...

465 is an Interstate. Many, many, many cars go around it every day (if you have ever driven on it). I think David Letterman is doing this just to show people how famous he really is. I agree with you there,
Money = Power, Power=Money. Exactly what most people want.
:rolleyes:

All I have to say is, I don't care about this story, but it reminds me of a story that was going on here about a year ago.
There's this Canadian comedy program called "This Hour has 22 Minutes", it's been around for years, it's primarily a comedy news program where they make fun of politicians.

This was around the time of our federal election. OK, so it's a bit more than a year, whatever. Anywho, we had this one party, the Alliance party, where the leader was this guy, Stockwell Day, a complete and utter knob. Anywho, This Hour has 22 Minutes decides to start a legitimate petition in which if they got a certain amount of signatures, they could lobby to have Stockwell Day's first name changed to Doris.

I don't really remember what happened, I think they got enough signatures, but for whatever reason, they couldn't get this to pass. Too bad.

Doesn't "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" star the Colin from "Who's Line Is it Anyways?"

Back