• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hypermart and CentralInfo Help

Nick

NLC
Ok here's the problem: I have my domain pointing to CentralInfo.net so I can manage my dns for Everyone.net email services. I want to use Hypermart because I know how to use Hypermart like the back of my hand as far as using CGI, SSI, etc because that's where I learned all about paths and stuff like that, so I am 'well oriented' with the service. So is there anyway to point a domain at centralinfo to hypermart?

And don't say cloaking cause that is the last thing that I want. I want it to work like a real domain.

Thanks in advance for any help..

I wonder if you can do this with Central Infos DeluxeDNS service? They say, "You can also list your domain name with other name servers and use the NS record to point to an outside source as well. This option is only allowed when you activate DeluxeDNS on the domain in question." You might ask them. The cost is $30 per year.

Other wise I think your out of luck with no IP number and not wanting to use a redirect.

Well, this is how I really deal with it.

I point it to WRS.net or jwdx.com (down, I believe) .

And from there, I redirect my domain to any page I want.

Well, if you need further information, you might email me at seejianjye@mypad.com .

Not checking this forum very often...

[Edited by ZX on 12-01-2000 at 11:30 AM]

It's actually WZR.net (who are now back up)... But that would be cloaking, not hosting, which is not what he wants.

Well thanks for the help guys. Is there any DNS service that will let me do this? Thanks in advance for any help.

there's also granitecanyon.com, but you have to know what you're doing DNS-wise to use them. Also you might be able to pull off using dhs.org but i doubt it.

Back