• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How's Rackshack's network?

HostReach

Yes we all know they offer some amazing deals, but what do you guys think of their network? Based on threads I've read and traceroutes I've done from various places in the world, there always seem to be some problem somewhere in the world. Their US connections seem to be good though.

Any input, especially from foreign (outside US) users on the quality of Rackshack's network?

Myacen are good and they use rackshack. I heard rackshack have cheap prices and are good but there are better ones out there.

Well I'm located in the US, but I've always had horrible trace routes to their servers for some reason.

yeah I've heard there are better ones too!!! where? I wanna get 2 servers 1 free 1 paid and if someone can beat there prices let me know.

Myacen is on Rackshack? I was wondering why their prices are so competitive :)

So, any more feedback on Rackshack's network, especially from foreign users?

I have some sites with dim8.net and their servers are with RackShack. They download fairly fast... I have seen some faster but not at the same prices.

One more thing... the servers seem reliable.

Originally posted by HostReach
Myacen is on Rackshack? I was wondering why their prices are so competitive :)

So, any more feedback on Rackshack's network, especially from foreign users?

Not really encouraging at the moment I'm afraid :( I got my myacen account activated on the 9th mar and my site has been up for less than a day in total.

I understand the fault lies with Rackshack and Myacen are trying to do all they can to fix it but at the end of the day, my site has been down 4 out of the last 5 days so it's small consolation at the moment.

I am looking elsewhere at the moment although I do hope myacen can kick Rackshacks --- as the customer service has been good, regular updates and responses to questions etc.

Rackshacks network is pretty good

3 x E-gig connections ... from Time Warner , Verio , Cogent

More to come i think :)

Originally posted by twelvedot

Not really encouraging at the moment I'm afraid :( I got my myacen account activated on the 9th mar and my site has been up for less than a day in total.

I understand the fault lies with Rackshack and Myacen are trying to do all they can to fix it but at the end of the day, my site has been down 4 out of the last 5 days so it's small consolation at the moment.

I am looking elsewhere at the moment although I do hope myacen can kick Rackshacks --- as the customer service has been good, regular updates and responses to questions etc.

Flat out lie..I go to Myacen powered site, hasn't been down, EVER <removed>.

Last edited by a moderator:
PyschoPath, I would advise you to have proof of your information before posting next time. Myacen has had problems recently with at one of their servers, but are working with Rackshack to get it corrected. They have also credited customers whose sites were on that server one free month.

Twelvedot is indeed a member of Myacen as well and you can contact them yourself if you want to here it from them.

I don't think twelvedot's post really is that inplausible. From his explanation it's possible he was on one of those problematic servers. OR, he had trouble reaching his site due to a network problem, which as we know don't affect everybody.

This again brings me to my original question, which is how reliable (across the world) RS's network is. Just because you and I can reach say Rackshack.net quickly doesn't immediately mean their network is quick. How about people from Europe? Asia? Australia etc?

No actually twelevdot is right. One of our newer servers has had a dog of a last three days. 2 Hardware failures and still down. They are getting very very slow on tech support this is effecting our customers. We have granted customers with 2 months free hosting even though this is out of our control.

We are looking elsewhere at the moment.

Back