• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how would this fly.....

Carl

i am thiking about setting up a free domain service similar to that on that spaceports. as in where they place an ad on their site and whne it reaches a certain number of clicks that amounts up to like $12 they get a free domain for a year. sound ok?

It sounds great, it gives the users a motivation to work on the site and make it something worthwhile.

Originally posted by Carl
i am thiking about setting up a free domain service similar to that on that spaceports. as in where they place an ad on their site and whne it reaches a certain number of clicks that amounts up to like $12 they get a free domain for a year. sound ok?

Very good idea.

Will encourage users to sign up.

All FWP's should do this.

Sound good. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the Spaceports deal is actually a redirected domain to their subdomain. It would be much nicer if you offered a domain directly associated with the site.

So tell me Carl, how long before something like this materializes... is this a long term goal or are you ready to go?

Yeah Carl, get going! I want to get my free domain! ;) And it would be nice if it was like a real domain. Not redirect like spaceports.

yeah, i think it would be a real domain.

as for time span. i'm hoping to get it up and running early next year. theres still a bit to be worked on it so that will be the soonest i can get it done, i also have very important exams next year so it wouldn't be able to be a large term thing.

Back