• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to make my website publish through my pc?

SonalAher

I am using APACHE and registered a domain. Wanted to enter the field that could access the site from anywhere that is on my machine (24h online, windows 7). I do not have any experience in networks and the apache configurations. I wanted someone who understands more about it and give me ideas of how to get the solution.

Just being honest. The best and simplest way to get your site online is to find a free host and let them take care of the conf.

Reason I say that is because most all ISP's have terms that prohibit hosting of a website from your home connection also the stability and reliability of your home connection is typically questionable at best.

Then we run into the bandwidth part of it, most home connections are not very fast when it comes to upload speed making for a painfully slow loading site on the user end.

Just my .02 :)

Back