• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to choose VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
f you are only hosting 3 or 4 sites, you don't need a VPS. It would just be a waste of money. Just get a decent shared hosting plan from somebody stable.

Depends on the sites content and business, so I would not be that definite about need or don't need.

We are six months into this thread ,I wonder if Ace has gotten hooked up with a provider yet ;).
Please let us know what you ended up with, we're all on pins and needles waiting.

We are six months into this thread ,I wonder if Ace has gotten hooked up with a provider yet ;).
Please let us know what you ended up with, we're all on pins and needles waiting.

I think it is time we abandon this thread.
Usually no one will come back to a thread which has created 6 months ago.
So no point if we keep staying in this thread.

You will only need a VPS if those sites you have are using a lot of resources. Most sites do not use a lot of resources and you could even have 10 websites on a paid shared hosting account. Just be sure to watch your disk space and bandwidth.

You will only need a VPS if those sites you have are using a lot of resources. Most sites do not use a lot of resources and you could even have 10 websites on a paid shared hosting account. Just be sure to watch your disk space and bandwidth.

Cant you read what are you replying to?

Hi,
I would recommend you to get a VPS with 512MB RAM with no control panel and a simple operating system however if you purchase cPanel or Plesk than I would recommend 1GB of RAM and minimum of 2 cores of CPU usage will do fine for you ..

I hope it helps ..

Hi,
I would recommend you to get a VPS with 512MB RAM with no control panel and a simple operating system however if you purchase cPanel or Plesk than I would recommend 1GB of RAM and minimum of 2 cores of CPU usage will do fine for you ..

I hope it helps ..

Aren't 512MB RAM is a little too huge for a person who only host several websites?
The OP should go for shared hosting first, when it is insufficient, then only go for VPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back