• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to choose VPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace2010

hi
What VPS will be able to host 3-4 (adult sites) with about 10k-15k unique visitors per day

the sites does not use mysql but use php traffic trade scripts (with txt db) and other smaller php scripts

how can i know how much CPU and RAM do i need ??

If you are only hosting 3 or 4 sites, you don't need a VPS. It would just be a waste of money. Just get a decent shared hosting plan from somebody stable.

but since it is using flatfile db, then it is best if you seek for a shared hosting that allow you to use higher CPU quota.

If you are going to host adult content web sites, I'd recommend you to choose some offshore web hosts.. Try to contact their support and ask them to find the solution according to your requirements.
VPS can be good option.

Since there's no mysql usage , 512mb ram should be sufficient if configured properly .
But i would be recommend 1gb of ram .

Best Regards,
Aloy

Having enough budget, I believe, getting VPS is reasonable enough. Shared hosting, even the best one doesn't give that much resources уитщгпр to have good performance. but The average amount of 512 MB RAM and good CPU will be enough.

Some companies even have VPS with a dedicated amount of these resources.

May only add that finding the reliable host is the prior task for those who need to have stablу service. Whatever you need, the company you are going to choose has to be reliable, trusted and tested. It should be present at market for at least a year (however this is a minimum, the longer term is better) and should have good reputation among webmasters at forums and review sites.

When you find the company of this type, decision of getting VPS and the realization of RAM and CPU resources becomes much easier with the help of support.

if need high CPU usage, try photonvps.com
You can use max 8 cores and their support also good

To be honest you sound as if they are the only company on the market and I think if you recommend the company here you need at least to share with administration a do main name you have been hosted with them.

Hello,

An ideal VPS must have the following specification. Please go with it as I have experienced the following sufficient to manage sites etc:

2 IP Addresses
cPanel/WHM Hosting control panel
SolusVM VPS control panel
OpenVZ Virtualization
Choice of Linux Operation System
Fully Managed and Monitored 24x7x365
Full Root Access
100,000 megabytes of Space
1,000,000 megabytes of Bandwidth
2048 megabytes of Guaranteed RAM

If you are only hosting 3 or 4 sites, you don't need a VPS. It would just be a waste of money. Just get a decent shared hosting plan from somebody stable.

not sure is better to have a vps than cpanel is more stable.i could get a vps for running only 1 forum

not sure is better to have a vps than cpanel is more stable.i could get a vps for running only 1 forum

I don't think you know what you're talking about. I am guessing that when you mentioned "cpanel" you're actually talking about shared hosting. I highly doubt that getting a VPS for only 1 forum would be "more stable" unless you're proficient in server administration and security. Even then, it would still be a waste of money. You could easily find a decent paid hosting plan somewhere for less than $5 that would be more than suitable to run a forum, and probably some other sites as well.

Choosing the perfect one for you and your website’s needs can be a piece of cake if you take into consideration the tips mentioned above. Evidently, price can be an issue when browsing fro VPS hosts, but since the competition in this area is very harsh, you will probably get the chance to benefit from the smallest prices, yet from the best services too.

I'm shopping for a VPS host, and I noticed that none of the plans mentions the amount of RAM, which you mention several times in the tutorial. Does a VPS actually allocate a fixed-size chunk of RAM to each virtual server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back