• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How to backup dedicated server with cPanel...

Dear friends,

Okay, here's my situation.

I use R1soft for offsite backups. For redundancy, I run a cPanel backup every day and store it in another location. That has been going great for me. However, recently I've had to move an extremely large MySQL table (table, not database) to an HDD instead of the SSD that all the other MySQL data on are on. After doing this, a cPanel backup crashes my server, presumably because of the large table on the HDD. My question is, how can I do cPanel backups while excluding that specific table? I've searched around for this and have yet been able to find a solution. I even tried to hire someone to write some sort of custom script for me, and have yet been able to find someone to do this.Any assistance is greatly appreciated.Thanks!

There is no means in the built-in cPanel backup system for excluding a specific table or even database.

How large is the table?

Back