• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How much is a 19" LCD monitor nowadays?

quicksharing

I seen a dell on ebay for about $300, is that cheap? I remember last year was liek $700 each. So good price and good monitor? Any flickering and stuff?

quicksharing said:
My friend has a 19" Dell and when he set it at high resolution it flickers a lot, he has to change it back to 1024x768 which is really too small for a 19" monitor. Any idea how to fix?

Could be that his video card cannot support the higher resolution.

Robert said:
Could be that his video card cannot support the higher resolution.

But I thought if can't support then you can't select it from the display properties? I think its a geforce 5500 or something.

quicksharing said:
But I thought if can't support then you can't select it from the display properties? I think its a geforce 5500 or something.

It can go both ways. The card may be able to support it, but the monitor can't or the monitor can but the card can't. Nonetheless, the Dell monitors that I've used are excellent with great contrast.

Not all Dell LCD's are the same. Does it just have a VGA in or is it an UltraSharp model? Also check to see who manufactured it. On another forum I've read that people are having very different results depending on if it's a LG, Samsung, or some other panel. If it's advertised to support the resolution and you're positive it's not the card Dell is pretty good about warranty work.

Not all panels are created equally, and some are bound to have issues. It doesn't help when they're using LCD's from different manufacturers for the one model. (From what I hear..)

wow yall got ripped off

dell had a super deal a few months ago; a 2.8 ghz p4 dimension 3100, 1 gb ram, cd drives, etc and with 19 inch flat panel monitor

cost me less than 500 (the flat panel was only an additional 80 bucks)

Spartan Erik said:
wow yall got ripped off

dell had a super deal a few months ago; a 2.8 ghz p4 dimension 3100, 1 gb ram, cd drives, etc and with 19 inch flat panel monitor

That's actually what we bought my boss last week... 2.8Ghz HT, 1GB ram, DVD Burner, 19" Flat Panel - $555.34

I'm not going to build myself a new computer this time around. I like their Dell XPS 400 series and the one I configured came out to $1400, which IMO is still expensive for a computer now-a-days so I will wait until they have some coupons on the Dell XPS and I'll buy it.

Robert said:
That's actually what we bought my boss last week... 2.8Ghz HT, 1GB ram, DVD Burner, 19" Flat Panel - $555.34

I'm not going to build myself a new computer this time around. I like their Dell XPS 400 series and the one I configured came out to $1400, which IMO is still expensive for a computer now-a-days so I will wait until they have some coupons on the Dell XPS and I'll buy it.

You got a 2.8gHz HT, 1GB RAM, DVD Burner, 19" Flat Panel For 555.34$ :whatthe: Usually PC's like that are about 1,500$ ain't I correct?

Spartan Erik said:
wow yall got ripped off

Think again. I got an AMD Athlon 3500+, 2GB RAM, 1GB MSI 8800 Gfx Card, 250GB HD, LCD 19" PolyView, Wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse and 2speakers 480watts each for $1,400AUD (1,135.03 USD). I doubt you would get that under 2 grands from Dell, the graphics card itself would cost at least $1200AUD.

I had to drive for nearlly 3 hours and 3 hours back to a wholesale distrobution place to ge all these.

sEp said:
Think again. I got an AMD Athlon 3500+, 2GB RAM, 1GB MSI 8800 Gfx Card, 250GB HD, LCD 19" PolyView, Wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse and 2speakers 480watts each for $1,400AUD (1,135.03 USD). I doubt you would get that under 2 grands from Dell, the graphics card itself would cost at least $1200AUD.

I had to drive for nearlly 3 hours and 3 hours back to a wholesale distrobution place to ge all these.

That's what I mean getting all that for 500$ (+) is to little. Clearance Sale? Promotion Sale? or are they just getting ripped off? :p

Chief said:
You got a 2.8gHz HT, 1GB RAM, DVD Burner, 19" Flat Panel For 555.34$ :whatthe: Usually PC's like that are about 1,500$ ain't I correct?
It was $959 with a $440 off coupon and free shipping.

[FONT=arial, verdana] Save $440 on Select Dimension 3100 desktops through Dell Small Business
Expires on 2006-05-25 11:30:00 - $440.00

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS

Small Business customers get 3-5 Day Delivery Shipping on Dell Desktops & Servers!
Expires on 2006-12-20 12:30:00 - $90.00

[/FONT] Sub-Total $519.00
Shipping Discount -$90.00
Shipping $ 0.00
Tax $36.34
Total $555.34

Wow this is some good info. I am still searching for a new 19" to buy. Havn't found a model I wanted to jump on yet and with the MacBook release I doubt I will buy anything anytime soon I want a MacBook now!

Back