• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how long for .net domain?

trekchick

I registered a .net with dabot yesterday and now I want to know how long it takes them. I'm worried, because when I log into their panel, it says I got no domain. :( But they thanked me for the money! :fork:
It's really urgent that this domain comes through ASAP. Please answer me, I only registered *.*.kg's before, never a .net or .com.

TIA,

:chicken:
trekchick

Last edited:
All my .com domains took just 2 days. So you should give it another day or two.

Originally posted by Phrozen
No. It took less for my .com.kg to become active then my .com and .net

By "active" you're referring to the propagation then? Trekchick can't see a domain in her control panel. Could be wrong but I'm assuming it hasn't been registered. *shrug*

Cheers

Gary

Trekchick can't see a domain in her control panel. Could be wrong but I'm assuming it hasn't been registered. *shrug*

Cheers

Gary

No, it hasn't been registered yet. I just checked again. Just how long does it take a company to register a TLD?

:chicken:
trekchick

Originally posted by Aussie Hosts

By "active" you're referring to the propagation then? Trekchick can't see a domain in her control panel. Could be wrong but I'm assuming it hasn't been registered. *shrug*
Actually no. I got an email saying they recieved the payment, but they never actually registered it until about a week later. Thats when I could finally update my nameservers.

My only comment then (not a shot at any other provider) would be to say a high priority must be placed on registrations. Alot of people buy <24 hour deleted domains. Those domains would be well and truly gone if left a week.

Cheers

Gary

Dabot=

:bandit2:

me=

ogre2 ogre2

They contacted me five times via automated email, saying that they need my credit card number to process the request. :rolleyes: The first time I followed the link and did everthing again. Promptly I got an automated email thanking me for the order and the payment just like the first time, but within an hour I got the next "we need your card number" mail. :fork:

I've now tried to pay three times, and I'm beginning to suspect that they are a scam.

<edit> Everything is fine now. Took them a week. :rolleyes: Let's see how it develops.</edit>

trekchick

Last edited:
I registered a customer's domain at dabot by evening my time and got it up next day afternoon [even the DNS had propagated]

But it's a bit scary that they just take your CC details and then quietly a message pops we will contact you soon or something like that... I tried it once but am never going to do it again...

I like enom.. [I can get a domain registered in real time for 8.5 $ with 1 of their Indian resellers] and if I have already set up the domain and uploaded the files , I can straight use their DNS servers and point to the site's IP... It's beautiful and the waiting time is less than 12 hours - and my customers love it..

Cheers
B

Originally posted by MotleyFool
I registered a customer's domain at dabot by evening my time and got it up next day afternoon [even the DNS had propagated]

But it's a bit scary that they just take your CC details and then quietly a message pops we will contact you soon or something like that... I tried it once but am never going to do it again...

I like enom.. [I can get a domain registered in real time for 8.5 $ with 1 of their Indian resellers] and if I have already set up the domain and uploaded the files , I can straight use their DNS servers and point to the site's IP... It's beautiful and the waiting time is less than 12 hours - and my customers love it..

Cheers
B

http://www.123-reg.com is good :)

Back