• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How long does it take for an expired doman name to become avaliable?

fsd

Hello, There was this domain that I lost a few year back that they kept trying to sell to me. It was personal doman name and wouldn't be worth anything to anyone but me so there is no way Im paying them a ton of money for it.

Well it finally expired in February 6th and since been listed as pending deletion. I know when I lost it, it was like 30 days past the expiration, but right now it is still not available? Anyone know what could be up? Its been well over 2 months and its still pending deletion. Any ideas?

Thanks.

It does vary based on how the registrar drops it. Godaddy auctions them off for example before making them available.

Most of the registrar releases the domain after 90 days. Some of the registrar has their own date for releasing the domain openly for registration.

Regards,
Calvin
RepriseHosting.com

Back