• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How long can a human stay awake? (safely)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Mick jagger who stayed up 9 days

It wasn't Mick Jagger who stayed up 9 days, it was his band mate Keith Richards*

I suffer from insomnia so don't know what the difference is really. Would be awesome if one day I could get my healthy allotment of sleep again.

It's possible to stay up close to 10 days. I know people who have done it before.

But your right about dreaming while your awake. It can drive you crazy and people have gone mad over this type of thing.

This is interesting though. I believe that if it was possible to stay up more then a few months straight, if this was possible, the human brain would gain control over that other 89% percent of their brain that they don't use. The human brain uses anywhere between 11-19 percent of their brain at the same time. Granted we do use all of our brain but it's different parts at different times that make up this average percentage.

If one could stay awake for more then a month, their brain control would heighten so much that they would make an enormous amount of use with their brain. This is just to say that they wouldn't experience the affects of staying awake while they weren't sleeping.

This type of thing is very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back