• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you offer Shoutcast hosting for so little?

Bruce

NLC
Just seeing some of the offers here, it's unbelievable. Are you guys getting some amazing deals on bandwidth or what? I'm well aware of overselling, but this is crazy. :lol:

64 Kbps Streaming
80 Slots
24/7 Kbps Streaming
No Bandwidth Limit for Streaming
Free cPanel Hosting for you Radio Website* hot!
Price: $4.99/month
5120 kbit = 5 mbit bandwidth = ~2.2 TB data-transfer
Again, for $5.

Here's one of the more "expensive" ones:

Listeners: 120
Bitrate: 128k
Price: $17.99
15360 kbit = 15 mbit bandwidth = ~4.6 TB data-transfer
That sounds like a hell of a bargain for $18.

Am I missing something here? If you guys can offer these prices, more power to you. I'm just curious as to how. Maybe I might start that radio station afterall. With these prices I could surely afford the royaly fees. :p

N.B.: Names have been removed to protect the innocent. ;)

Well I think most companies are using unmetered networks that are using congent bandwitdh. I know of serveral companies that are doing that.

Bruce, its very easy *if you know how*, of course am not going to let it out of the bag but using old simple methods it can be done & still make a good profit.

You could always use a server with unmetered line (example - 10mbps unmetered). That would do fine for a few shoutcasts running at this.

Back