• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you disable visual effect in windows media player 11?

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
Hai, I'm tempted to say as title...

I don't like or want the visual effects when listening to music. This isn't about using winamp or foobar instead, because I listen to this online radio service that generates mms urls that only works in wmp for some reason (I hear it's due to some authentication crap). Anyway, I just want to know how to stop the annoying and useless visual effects, if it's possible.

Thanks.

Probably the easiest is to go into the skin chooser and select the compact skin, not sure if there's an easy way to get rid of those annoying visualisations.

Where, you can get the options but I can't find a disable function?
What version of Windows Media Player are you using?

I see the option when I right click on the area where the visualisation and videos are shown. You know, that main part where everything is shown, not the controls there or whatever.

Like Decker, I see lists of effects but no disable option. It does let me download MORE effects though. Just what I want. :rolleyes:

I do keep it minimized in the taskbar. I just don't like it when it eats up all this extra memory and an amazing 35% of my cpu power when I bring it up and adjust the volume or whatever. I'm betting the culprit is them damn useless effects.

I use the "corporate" skin.

Last edited:
I just don't like it when it eats up all this extra memory and an amazing 35% of my cpu power when I bring it up and adjust the volume or whatever
I was commenting on this :)

Back