• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how do u wow?

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
Forgive me for being stupid but Im not sure what I need to get to start playing wow, do I go to a shop and buy something or can I get it all from the wow site or what :S

Download it from the WoW/Blizzard site, they give you a 15 days trial (creating a new account). After that, you can purchase months of play and stuff.

PS. Say goodbye to your social life. :p

I never liked the game. Its boring and a waste of money, plus you have to have each expansion, as well as paying $15/month which after the next expansion is said to be bumped up to $20/month.

PS. Say goodbye to your social life. :p

This.

you can just not play. that sounds like a good suggestion. :p

Also this.

I just recently quit WoW, I raided full-time, and it's like having a second job..it's really not worth it. It can be fun to play casually I guess, but MMOs aren't designed that way and Blizzard is killing WoW because they're trying to change it to be more accessible - WoW wasn't designed like that and I don't think the system can handle this kind of change mid-cycle.

Regardless...I eventually became bored, stressed out of raiding and I wanted to do other things...but I had the 'obligation' to show up for raids..I had enough, I'm done with the game now. Best decision I ever made.

Yep, exactly that. I thought it was 2 weeks xD

I played for a bit, didn't got addicted. I just saw it was too much (seriously, the biggest game i've ever seen), and i went for a fps instead of it :D

To get WoW, you want to sign up for a 10-day trial. This gets you a trial of the ORIGINAL GAME ONLY. This means you can only level to 60 (as a new player you won't get close don't worry) and you can't play as a Blood Elf or Draenei.

If you want to play without the trial, go to a local games/electronic shop and pick up a copy of the World of Warcraft battle chest. This comes with the original WoW + the Burning Crusade (first expansion). This enables you to play from 1-70 and play as a Blood Elf/Draenei. If you want to play a Death Knight (new class with the latest expansion starting at level 55) you will need to buy Wrath of the Lich King.

The battle chest is cheaper than buying WoW + BC separately. Both WoW by itself and the Battlechest include 1 month of free pay - to activate the account you will need to add a credit card or a game card however. Game cards are roughly 30$ and are worth 2 months (whereas the subscription is 15$/month). You can also pay via paypal now.

It is quite immense, and most of the starting areas can be rather barren since most people are at the end game. It can be quite overwhelming, try to find a levelling guild or some people to help out. It's not too hard to learn, but it is definitely broad.

Downloading the game is a pain in the ---. I can't play it even if I wanted to now, my PC is past it, it's on its last legs. Once you get playing and get into it though, you'll soon notice how fast time flies.

If you do play it use http://www.wowhead.com

You'll need to download a fairly big file before you can start playing.

There have been 2 expansions since the original release of the game, and I believe you can get a 10 day trial of each of those giving you a full month of free play time, and then another free month upon purchasing the game. That's how I got into it anyways. Come to think of it, it was a year today that I started playing. As Coarzu said starting out is pretty overwhelming.

If you wish to keep playing you can purchase the game from the WOW site and download it, or you can buy it from any store that sells computer games. If you buy it from a store, downloading a bunch of updates will still be necessary.

If you PM me your email address I can send you a link to the free trial. ( if you end up purchasing an account I will receive free play time)

Otherwise click https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.html

have fun

You'll need to download a fairly big file before you can start playing.

There have been 2 expansions since the original release of the game, and I believe you can get a 10 day trial of each of those giving you a full month of free play time, and then another free month upon purchasing the game. That's how I got into it anyways. Come to think of it, it was a year today that I started playing. As Coarzu said starting out is pretty overwhelming.

If you wish to keep playing you can purchase the game from the WOW site and download it, or you can buy it from any store that sells computer games. If you buy it from a store, downloading a bunch of updates will still be necessary.

If you PM me your email address I can send you a link to the free trial. ( if you end up purchasing an account I will receive free play time)

Otherwise click https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/index.html

have fun

Recruit a Friend :p

You also get an xp bonus if you level characters together..might be a good way to start off ;)

Only advice I can give is this: If you continue to play it, remember it is only a video game. WAAAY too many people treat it as a job or an obligation or something other than just a fun past time. They feel that they have to do things in the game that are not fun, when in all actuality, they don't have to. And to anyone who may say "but you have to farm gold/gear/whatever to do other fun stuff in the game," nope, you don't.

Granted, I quit the game before the expansions came out, but I never farmed gold, ever, and I still got to see everything the game had to offer, and I got to see it earlier than most others (though that wasn't because of lack of farming, it was because I played with a competitive group of players)

Forgive me for being stupid but Im not sure what I need to get to start playing wow, do I go to a shop and buy something or can I get it all from the wow site or what :S

Don't let these people dishearten you from checking out the worlds most successful online game.

You can purchase disks at your local games shop for around the $20 - 40 mark, comes with 30 days trial.

Get in touch with me bro, and I will help you get started if you want. I have a level 80 Death Knight, 60 Hunter on Oceanic Jubei`thos server.

Back