• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do I connect an Internal SATA Hard Drive Externally through USB?

Saul1

When I plug it in, the system doesn't pick it up as a drive. It can recognize that it is connected, but it does not appear on My computer. Please tell me if there are drivers that needs to be installed.

Thank You

I don't think that we require any softwares to connect an internal SATA drive with USB. There are connectors by which we can directly connect and transfer data from Hard drive to computer.

When I plug it in, the system doesn't pick it up as a drive. It can recognize that it is connected, but it does not appear on My computer. Please tell me if there are drivers that needs to be installed.

Thank You

How do you connect the hard drive through USB? Do you have some sort of sata / usb controller or a external usb box ? In most cases your hard drive should be recognized without any drivers.

You may need to find connector hard to usb connector from any computer hardware store and the you can easily connect your hard drive.

If you place the hard drive in an enclosure that has a connector, yes. They sell external hard drives that connect through USB.

Keep in mind that USB connections can be slow and it's definitely not going to be as fast as a direct connection.

Back