• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting

dawgzzz9

I'm looking to host myself and a few friends from my computer. I have apache setup, I was just wondering...How do I host domains with Apache:confused: I think its something to do with Virtual hosts or something..could someone tell me about this? Thanks...email is montem995(at)comcast(dot)net and AIM is MonteM995 :)

hmph...I still can't get it to work :( can someone help? Would it help if I posted what I put in my config on here?

:-(

I wanna know how to get subdomains and other domains to work but Vhosts don't work for me !! Can someone please please please help?

It is quite simple create a name server, and enter the information in the virtual hosting section, I believe it is at the bottom of httpd.conf All self explanitory.

Remember you have to wait 24-72 hours and before that you should be able to reach it by going to your IP, one last thing do you have a static IP?

And on top of that it could take 1-2 weeks before your ISP updates there DNS database or whatever, it made me mad when I was the only person that couldn't go to my own website

Yes, at ZoneEdit, I put sub.mydomain.com point to my ip. Then in VHosts I have
<VirtualHost www.sub.domain.com>
ServerAdmin user@email.com
DocumentRoot c:\doc\root
ServerName www.sub.domain.com
ServerAlias sub.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

Does that look right? Thanks for your support guys :)

<Edit> One more thing, do i need to uncomment the line

#NameVirtualHost ??? thanks.

Originally posted by dawgzzz9
Yes, at ZoneEdit, I put sub.mydomain.com point to my ip. Then in VHosts I have
<VirtualHost www.sub.domain.com>
ServerAdmin user@email.com
DocumentRoot c:\doc\root
ServerName www.sub.domain.com
ServerAlias sub.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

Does that look right? Thanks for your support guys :)

<Edit> One more thing, do i need to uncomment the line

#NameVirtualHost ??? thanks.

<VirtualHosts IP_Address>
ServerAdmin your@host.com
DocumentRoot C:\doc\root
ServerName sub.subdomain.com
ServerAlias www.sub.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

Ok, so Ihave ANOTHER problem :(....The subdomain works, but my domain goes to the subdomain too :(...what do I do??

Back