• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting.us.com, very cheap but ... ?

neftha

200mb/Unmetered Traffic/55$ a year - I need advice

Hello All,

I found a webhost that sounds interesting but it's all new for me, does it sound good?

Hosting.us.com (UK based):

ALLINONE HOSTING PLAN
--------------------------------
- your own domain name (that's not for free)
- unlimited POP Email boxes
- 200 mb webspace
- unlimited Mailing lists
- unmetered visitor traffic
- unlimited Auto Responders
- web based control panel
- .htaccess customization
- 1 FTP account
- unlimited passworded folders
- FrontPage extensions 2000 & 98
- unlimited e-mail addresses
- CGI-BIN support
- 24 hour setup
- PHP and SSI Scripting
- 99%+ account uptime
- Raw access and error logs
- 24 hour e-mail support
- Perl, CGI, C++ and Python
- adult content allowed

It's all included (except the domain name) for $54.99 per year

Does anyone has experience with this host?

Last edited:
hosting.us.com are donhost resellers right?

Please Please do not use this company, They cannot and will not be able to offer you or come through with unmetered bandwidth. This is just not possible. You could pay $1 million a year for your hosting and your bandwidth wouldnt be unlimited. Bandwidth costs money and isnt cheap unless bought in massive chunks.

heres a few uk hosts i recommend -

http://www.ghoulnet.com - RAQ3 based and a very fast network.

http://www.kdawebservices.com - Servers located in USA.

http://www.netweaver.com - Servers located at Docklands, London.

All three these companys provide excellent levels of service and support.

Well, this is what they say about unmetered bandwidth:

15. Bandwidth
Bandwidth is currently unmeasured, but we reserve the right to ask customers to pay a premium if their account is using an unreasonable amount of bandwidth/server resources, unlimited/measured means we will allow as much bandwidth as you use, but we may start charging extra if we think you have used an inappropriate amount. Additional bandwidth will be billed automatically (if we feel it to be correct) after the initial amount of bandwidth. It will be billed at £0.05 per mb over (except uni-host or allinone account), we always round up to the nearest mb. We will notify you when we charge you. Any "uni-host" accounts or "allinone" account will be charged $10.50 (£7.50) per GB over the initial limit (if one has been set), we will always round UP to the nearest GB. We may also setup an initial soft limit of bandwidth at our discretion. We usually allocate.25 gb of bandwidth to each account

Is that a reasonable thing?

No not really. They may see 500mb as there limit and if you use 5gb in one month thats nearly $40 in bandwidth. Use a host who are clear about there limits otherwise you could be back here in 2 months time asking for help.

Back