• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting Question... PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So i am re-opening my hosting company, but i have a few questions because i am trying to expand.

What would i need to get in order to host game servers, vent, shoutcast, ect..

I know that one way to go is to get a dedi. but are there any other types of hosting that i will be able to host these features?

Thank you so much in advanced.
-josh

A dedicated seems like your only solution here. Anything less simply wouldn't provide the power necessary for processes such as game servers.

you would need atleast a core2duo *if not a xeon* of about 3ghz with a few gigs of ram

Im not sure about any other hosts but I have a package I can offer that is specifically for gameservers

Whats your budget ? You might be able to fund all softwares etc .... (I dont know costs involved so dont quote me) and a Q6600 with 4gb of RAM (a good config for what you need) for around $200 + per month.

well thank you all. ive looked into it further and you gies are right only way to host "decent" servers is with a dedi. well thankyou again.

I would suggest you to calculate costs and to speak to some guys who need to get their game servers hosted anywhere. Do it on demand and your game hosting project will be more successful.

Ok. So i am re-opening my hosting company, but i have a few questions because i am trying to expand.

What would i need to get in order to host game servers, vent, shoutcast, ect..

I know that one way to go is to get a dedi. but are there any other types of hosting that i will be able to host these features?

Thank you so much in advanced.
-josh
You can go with company's like skylars as a reseller and master reseller and buy whmsonic to sell shoutcast. Most hosts may let you resell for them for % but you would lack control.

Best thing is get a leased license and a vps as vps are much cheaper and allow you pretty much the same control as a dedicated at a fraction of the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back