• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting In New Zealand

Cam.

Pro
NLC
For all the users in New Zealand who are looking for paid hosting here, How much would you guys pay for about 1gb of space and 2gb bandwidth per month? I am thinking of starting a paid hosting company with a server in New Zealand and wondered how many would be interested.

I'm not in NZ but close to it ;) 1GB space for 2GB bandwidth is a bit high. If it was 200MB and 2GB b/w, I would likely pay $5AUD a month as you would be a new host.

Im not sure what the demand is like in NZ, however I guess its close to Australia's, Your plan is not ratio that great however I would pay up $7AU for quality hosting

NZ Internet Is so crappy i dont think ANYONE could host decent servers there.
I live in New zealand chch and Have experience with how slow the net is.

BUT datatcenters have better connections ;)

Im in the process of getting 10-20 2RU servers to host in a australian datacenter they will have 10mbit unmeterd connections
For under $300P/M Got a good deal on bandwidth :D

Usaly its the same in aus as NZ crap internet crap hosting etc

I say you need more bandwidth bandwidth is a big thing and low bandwidth is annoying

I have never looked in to New Zealand companys,

What I am saying is this,

Try and find something others cant offer becuse iv seen alot of NZ companys offering very low bandwidth!
If you could find some cheap bandwidth somewhere you would be 150% ahead of the rest!

Good luck

EDIT: You wont find cheap bandwidth just googling

Contact some datacenters direct by phone and email

Last edited:
For all the users in New Zealand who are looking for paid hosting here, How much would you guys pay for about 1gb of space and 2gb bandwidth per month? I am thinking of starting a paid hosting company with a server in New Zealand and wondered how many would be interested.
I think a better question to ask yourself would be: Who am I going to sell this to? There are some tasks where local hosting offers advantages, but for the vast majority of websites there is very little difference between having a server located in New Zealand or the United States. Therefore, few people are willing to pay the price premium. Those that do require local hosting generally have needs that are greater than what shared hosting is able to offer. :)

I think a better question to ask yourself would be: Who am I going to sell this to? There are some tasks where local hosting offers advantages, but for the vast majority of websites there is very little difference between having a server located in New Zealand or the United States. Therefore, few people are willing to pay the price premium. Those that do require local hosting generally have needs that are greater than what shared hosting is able to offer. :)

very true

Hello,
As you can see I'm new here.
I feel so far behind. I've been out of my sites building business for just a short while, but seem to have lost alot of information.

I recently bought my sister, who lives in New Zealand, some hosting.
I didn't think there was a difference between local hosting (NZ) and getting hosting for her site here in the US.

Is this going to be a problem? (Other than me having to walk her through doing everything. Her not being web savy)

I bought her 5000 MB Web Space, 1000GB Transfer for $3.00 a month.

Anyway, are there problem with having ones server in the US, while being in NZ?

She won't have any problems having her site located on a US based server. The vast majority of New Zealand sites are located in the US. However, I would recommend against buying hosting from a heavy overseller as you seem to have done. 1TB of transfer on a cheap dedicated server will cost you around $100 or more. I'm sure that you can see how selling that much transfer for $3 might indicate the possibility of speed and reliability issues. :)

Yeah, I currently run off a US reseller account, which is probably as fast as any NZ host. But most users would probably prefer to have a server in the country that they are in. What do you guys think? Would you rather be hosted on A US server if you lived in NZ or wouldnt it matter?

Back