• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting Help....PLZZ

uzee

Hi,
I'm new here and am looking for some recommendations/advice. I'm trying to help a friend who is currently with a Chicago based host at $7.95 a month but due to their customer service he wants to switch. Being a non-computer person, has has asked me to help.
When I googled best/top web hosts, I came across several sites listing a top10, e.g hostmonster, ixhosting, startlogic, blue host, lunarpages, midphase, etc. But when I look here, I didn't find any of those...?? Are those rankings fake/incorrect/made-up???
We wouldn't mind paying a little monthly, all of the above hosts I mentioned are around $5/month if u pay upfront for 1 year.
Has anyone had any experiences....please advise.
thanks
uzee

Sites listing top10 hosting companies are basing their ratings on clients' testimonilas, but things aren't that easy, as you can find both bashing and praising threads on WHT about any of these companies. Outline your requiremenmts and priorities, it'll make easier the process of choosing a host.

Are those rankings fake/incorrect/made-up???
Yes. Those ranking sites are usually run by people without experience or interest in those hosts.

No. Those rankings are sorted by affiliate payout. The higher the host the more money the site owner gets when you sign up at a host. The ranking says nothing about quality.

Hello,

Google Indexing have a major effect by Search Engine Optimizations, most of the times, they are logically incorrect. You will require to do more research on the search for a better hosting company.

Well, if you require, we can provide you hosting services for as low as $7.99 / Month, for which if you signup for one year then we give you a flat discount of two months, i.e. you will only require to pay us $79.99 / Year with 24/7 customer support, 30 days Money-back Guarantee and 99.96% Uptime Guarantee.

If you are interested, please feel free contact us.

Regards :)

I would recommend Hostingdepartment.net

They have plans to fit your needs, are a well known company who have been around for a while and apparently have great support .

NOTE: this ISN'T hostingdepartment.com

Hope that helps.
AMC:wave:

Thanks a lot for all your replies. As far as the requirements go, there are'nt much. Its basically just a small business website 6-7 page with information and pictures. The existing customers visit it for any new info etc. No DHTML no interactivity, scripting, etc. However he is thinking of adding a "Members Login" feature but I think any host would be able to handle that.
Regarding the companies in the top-hosts charts, etc. I really appreciate your input. One question though.... there are many of those who also offer "free domain renewal" as long as you stay with them. That I thought was a very useful feature... that way you never have to worry about domain expiration AND there's no cost.

AMC: hostingdepartment.net looks good but I couldn't find if they would offer free domain renewal, your thoughts...?

If anyone knows of any such reliable hosts, please let me know.
thanks
uzee

I would always recommend choosing a provider that you know has been in business a while, and will not shut the doors leaving you in the dark. As ingfina said, most of those top 10 companies websites are based off of payout, so in all actuality they are not truly ranked on the net by those orders. Wish you the best of luck,
James

No. Those rankings are sorted by affiliate payout. The higher the host the more money the site owner gets when you sign up at a host. The ranking says nothing about quality.

That about sums it up.

For free domain renewals, those typically come with a prepaid year, meaning you pay for a year's worth of hosting, then they'll renew your domain for you.

If you would like hosting offers, make a request in the request section. If you want to view offers, view the offers section.

Also do a little research on the host in question.

I would recommend Hostingdepartment.net

They have plans to fit your needs, are a well known company who have been around for a while and apparently have great support .

NOTE: this ISN'T hostingdepartment.com

Hope that helps.
AMC:wave:

Thank you for your recommendation, much appreciated.

AMC: hostingdepartment.net looks good but I couldn't find if they would offer free domain renewal, your thoughts...?

All our domains come with free domain renewals as long as you keep your plan, this only applies to yearly payments.

:)

You may have already made up your mind, but my advise is to e-mail some pre-sales questions to a few hosting providers that you find interesting. Especially when your friend appreciates good customer support, this would be the best way to check if they keep up with their promises.

Also, as said above, don't rely much on the many "Top 10" sites. These hosts are more often ranked by affiliate commission payouts/PPC costs, rather than quality.

Good luck in your search!

Last edited:
Back