• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hostgator! worst one!

The odd downtime every now-ad-then that you get with any web host. You just hear about it more with the larger guys. HG has an awesome support staff and very friendly service to back themselves up with though. Great company even after the sale as far as I'm concerned.

The odd downtime every now-ad-then that you get with any web host. You just hear about it more with the larger guys. HG has an awesome support staff and very friendly service to back themselves up with though. Great company even after the sale as far as I'm concerned.

Not anymore they don't, since they were bought by EIG. Look at all the reviews since then. Most are horrible.

With the low cost of hosting nowadays I don't see why people even deal with shared oversold hosting

EIG make a living at buying good hosts and with in months you hear major complaints from clients. EIG bought HostGator for 225 million so you would think that in order to justify that amount of money spent they need to make changes and cut cost with the day to day operations of the company they just bought.

used to be good (used them few years ago), but hearsay now they're not good since they were taken over by eig

I've just worked through some WP tutorials all recommending Hostgator. So interesting to find this thread. Haha ... I guess the owners of those tutorials must be scoring something from Hostgator to flog Hostgator to the extent they are. I can't imagine any other Webhost so heavily involved in advertising though. I just seem to see Hostgator everywhere. But yes, I'm also disappointed the crocodile is not real. :p

i have hosted one year with them i had really good experience over there i heard about their acquisition that might have affected their service but before that they were awesome good uptime even if i hosted an image hosting at their server with huge traffic and bandwidth consumption my website never went down that was an amazing thing.

I would say they're worst but they have some lapses on tech support department which will need a lot of work. This started since they were acquired by EIG.
1.gif

Back