• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostgator.com reliability?

kobebryant

Hey im new here and i need a good cheap hosting provider for a project im doing, it seems hostgator is what im looking for, are their domains pretty much reliable 24/7? and would they notify you in advance if there is any downtime?

Personaly I would never use hostgator for anything that you want to keep online. That is just my personal opinion tho

What
g.jpg
you
1.jpg
people
h.jpg
have
l.jpg
problem
1.jpg
with hostgator
pad.jpg
?
The overselling, and limitations on connections, which gets you terminated.

They phoned me when I cancelled a server to ask why, after I clearly stated to them on the cancellation form! LOL!

Overcrowding, and the biggest possibility that your hosting can be shutdown for no apparent reason, and they'll say it was caused by a another member spiking up the server..

not worth your trouble

I think that you can do with them and see what happen. As I have heard they must be good as have thosand happy customers over there ;)

I was there for about 3 months and they were amazing. Customer support always solved every problem I had. I even had almost 75+ days of uptime. My clients and I were all very happy with the server.

Most times that it is the problem, too much customers cluttered on one server
I knew they were a large company when I came on, however I never had any server issues, no slow loading, nothing. Like I mentioned before I had almost 75 days of uptime on their server.

I try to avoid large hosts, I am afraid of everything large...

The netpeople's position relatively hostgator is dual everywhere, many say it is one of the best, others - it is awful.

)_________________________________________________________________________
Driving crazy..... need som coffee to drink.... I tell absolute nonsence after 24hours in front of the monitor////

Mods, Please do not ban me, I will log out now...

I'll be back whe I feel better.

Last edited:
I am monitoring their uptime for last 6 months or so. Almost every month, they gave nearly the promised 99.9% uptime. One of the better hosts I have ever hosted with.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am suspicious about large companies.

I think it is better to haost with something average and not as popular, like mmhosting.com or some other company - the limited amount of clients guarantees the better support and service for everyone...

Maybe I do not have some extra features that I might have with hostgator, but have everything I need, and this little bit narrow specialization makes me feel safe about my sites..

Back