• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host suggestions

cleggo

I'd like suggestions from members of this board, since
many have tryed, or used, or know lots about many places
this is where i'd search first!!

Looking for a host that can offer basics:

50 to 80 megs of space
Unlimited Aliases,Forwarders and at least two pop3 accounts.
if it can also be checked via online, thats helpful.
htaccess,CGI, SSI, Pre-installed CGI
Own Error Messages, Telnet Access (helpful, not required)
FTP, online-editor (not required but helpful)
at least 3-gigs of bandwidth.
supports domain, and/or more than one pointing
to same account at little or no cost per month.

basic price range $12 or about per month.
no Win-NT.

My personal fave:

http://www.nomonthlyfees.com

*200mbs
*Unlimited Aliases,Forwards, and POP3
-(use any service to check online)
*htaccess,CGI, SSI, Pre-installed CGI
*Own Error Messages, BUT telnet is $25 more
*FTP, BUT no online editor
*5 gigs bandwidth
* Extra domains will be charged a little (cant remember how much)

Unix servers

$185 one time free, $35/year (includes domain)

Hope this helps... :D

I checked that place, unless I over looked it, I did
not see where it said discount if payed in 14-days.
are they still doing this discount?

There are plenty of hosts in that range. So many that I'm not sure who to shoot you towards. I'd rather let the board recommend, but if you want, shoot me an email and I'll try to pick some favorites I have.

I havent used http://www.nomonthlyfees.com, but their price and features seem really great.

Dont take offence, but all other sites listed on this page are way more expensive/with less features.

I havent found any "in theory" better host than nomonthlyfees yet...

Among Tera-byte.com (which I'd second - good prices and nice people), as well as HostMatters.com (nice people as well), also there is a running list I started here. Now I can't recommend all of these, but it gives you a nice list to look at.

portland communications can beat that with 100mb of bandwidth because they dont lie. Theres no such things as UNLIMITED bandwidth.

Jeff, I checked out http://www.gnxonline.com/special and I must say that their server was slow.

From their site:
"FREE Unlimited bandwidth
Get thousands of visitors to your site without it slowing down. Please see our UNLIMITED USE POLICY"

I challenge you to find this policy on their site.

Also, go through the sign up process. Insecure form for you to enter your payment info. Nice.

This host doesn't know what they are doing and I wouldn't recommend you consider them. You'd be MUCH better off at portland or a free host.

Ahhh, I've just found their terms (small text linkl at the bottom of their support page. Very difficult to find. You aren't asked to agree with them when you sign up, so they aren't applicable, but...

UNLIMITED USE POLICY
High bandwidth usage: GnxOnline offers an unlimited use policy by maintaining very large ratios of bandwidth per customer. In rare cases, GnxOnline may find a customer to be using server resources to such an extent that he or she may jeopardize server performance and resources for other customers. In such instances, GnxOnline reserves the right to impose the High Resource User Policy for the consideration of all customers.

HIGH RESOURCE USER POLICY
Resources are defined as bandwidth and/or processor utilization.

GnxOnline may implement the following policy to its sole discretion:

When a website is found to be monopolising the resources available GnxOnline reserves the right to suspend that site immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers.

I wish you the best with this choice as your host. You're gonna need it...

Back