• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Hockey] Stanley Cup

Wojtek

W as in Whisky
NLC
What are your predictions for the stanley cup finalists and who will the the winner?

Maple Leafs woo :p I mean, c'mon -- its been forever, they have to get lucky one of these years...

They lost against Ottawa tonight :(
Good luck on the next game.

Montreal VS Boston ; 3-3
Monday 7pm, I hope Montreal wins :)

I'm fairly excited; Both Calgary and Vancouver are my teams.

I tend to push a little harder for Calgary though... too many vancouver fans around here

Wojtek said:
Montreal VS Boston ; 3-3
Monday 7pm, I hope Montreal wins :)

If Montreal wins, they go on to face Tampa Bay, I think. And TB is a very, very strong team.

Hmm...well, I've never followed the Flames too closely. I'd catch a game here and their, read the headlines about the team and what not. But this season was a bit different. I sort of followed them for most of the season, and it got really exciting in the playoff race.

And now, the ----ing playoffs? BOO YA! It's hella fun to watch. Especially last night's game. The rallied back from a four goal deficit, then the game made it all the way to triple OT. Sure would have been nice to win that game...

Anyways, Game 7 tomorrow, and I probably won't watch it. Math exam next day. Oh well, I'll catch all the games against Detroit.

So...ya, about those other series and games...I really don't care. I'd like to see Ottawa do good. And sure, if the Habs beat Boston it would be quite exciting. Other than that though, there aren't really all that many teams that are exciting. I guess Colorado, what with all those goal scorers(who usually put the biscuit in the basket in a nicer fashion that the Flames). But the Vancouver/Calgary series is the most exciting hockey I've ever watched...let's hope there is some more of that in the playoffs.

Oh, and I hope the paper I am currently writing (due tomorrow) is more coherent and less 12 year-old girlish than this post.

Last edited:
I'd kill for a Montreal-Calgary final. Then I'd want Montreal to win, but I would be just as happy if Calgary took it. I'm a huge fan of both teams. HUGE! Couple of big Game 7's tonight.

Blank Verse said:
I'd kill for a Montreal-Calgary final. Then I'd want Montreal to win, but I would be just as happy if Calgary took it. I'm a huge fan of both teams. HUGE! Couple of big Game 7's tonight.

Monteal won. :coolmusic

I recorded the match :)
1.61 Gb, heh

what programs can I use to trim shit off .wmv files? I wanna cut commercials. Anything else then MS movie editor?

Wojtek said:
I recorded the match :)

what programs can I use to trim shit off .wmv files? I wanna cut commercials. Anything else then MS movie editor?

Adobe Premiere, Vegas Video.

And ----ing Calgary won! Can you believe it? If you missed it, there was drama right to the end...I will attempt to recreate it from my memory...

With ~20 seconds left, score is 2-1 Calgary, Calgary's Jarome Iginla heads up the Ice towards the empty net, he passes center, meanwhile a fan throws a jacket onto the ice just as Iginla shoots. The puck misses the jacket (and the net), and the Canucks pick up the puck and start to bring it up ice. Iginla has his stick slashed out of his hands (A Calgary player was sitting in the box for the same thing), and the ref doesn't call anything. Why? Well, for one, he doesn't see it. At the exact moment the slash occurs, the ref who should be watching the middle bends down to pick up the jacket off the ice. Anyways, Canucks bring it in, score with 5.7 seconds left in the game, to tie it up 2-2. Heading to overtime. Flames score in the first minute or so, still on the powerplay from a previous Canuck penalty before all this started.

Anywho, damn exciting...although I think everyone kind of expected Vancouver to pull it off in OT after scoring so late...but, who knows, the players had more faith than the fans.

So, looking forward to watching the Flames battle the Red Wings.

That's an amazingly good re-enactment Kev, good job. I was running around the room a-la soccer celebration. I'm loving hockey so much right now. Both the Habs and Flames moving on, it's way too much for me to handle. Althought the Leafs won, which blows...but no worries, they're really good at losing to Philadelphia. :p

So even a Torontian is aware that the Leafs this year are not Stanley Cup contenders. Good to see.

As for Calgary vs Detroit, it's pretty scary for a Flames fan. Actually, it's interesting, it really puts things into perspective. Where other teams (Vancouver, Ottawa) there is talk about how they had such a dissapointing season, and big changes will be made, IE coaches/GM's being fired. Then there is Calgary, where the whole city was so happy just to make the playoffs, the whole city is praising their Coach/GM. And that praise continues today, being nominated for Coach of the year.

Darryl deserves that recognition, he's done an incredible job. I get back to Calgary soon enough and I can't wait to feel the atmosphere in the city.

Also, I think Calgary can hang with Detroit. If Iginla and Kipper keep playing the way they do, and if Simon and Lydman get back soon (I think Gauthier, McAmmond, and Reinprecht are perma-----ed for the rest of the year), then Calgary has a shot.

Oh...and I hate the Leafs. Go Flyers Go. Golf Leafs Golf.

Sure, Calgary could hang with Detroit, but I'd say only with Simon and Lydman back. Those 'dors just aren't cutting it for me. We'll see...it doesn't help my faith that every friggin "expert" prediction is Detroit.

'dors? Montador and Commodore? They've been doing ok. If Lydman comes back, Montador sits, which I'm fine with, but Commodore has done a good job since Lydman went out.

Back