• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

High Usage Clients

LSComputers

NLC
Hello Everyone,

For those who have been around for a long time, hello has been along time but I am finally situated again and hopefully online more. For those who are relatively new :welcome:.

I have been working for a while now in the hosting industry on the technical level so I have been kept busy. However with a new brand that has finally gone public for everyone, instead of being in development and only for larger hosting companies. I finally get to come back to my favorite web hosting community forum.

A new service we are planning to launch will be focus on those smaller hosting companies who do currently do not have "upgradeable" plans for those clients who are becoming abusive towards the traditional shared hosting service.

I am just curious how many web hosts here currently do not have upgradeable services. Once the client becomes to large you are forced to forward them to another hosting provider?

Last edited:
I hopefully would say that nobody should not be able to grow with there customers. If one has customers that are happy and continue to pay and want to grow then as a provider you should be able to grow with them even if you resell someone elses servers/vps/cluster/you name it.

If you must outsource, just make sure to talk to your client about it, you will find that 99% of the time customers are glad that you are taking the steps to help them out and help them grow and succeed.

Hello Ruby,

That is exactly what this new program we are developing is for. I am just curious how many people are actually setup to be able to scale with their clients instead compared to to pushing them to another hosting provider. From what I have seen alot of oversellers have this problem more then respectable pricing models. But the joy of market research is you get to see everything :)

Last edited:
Well then if your asking for shameless plus, add us to the list. From our smallest free accounts that get a hit or two a month, to our largest that has a 10 server cluster.

At the moment I own 19 dedicated servers, 12 of them are from the same client.
He knows that I have a full time job next to the hosting which is just a hobby for me and he doesn't mind. If he needs more servers, he can get them.

Back