• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hi! I'm New To These Boards

moonshadow

:wave: Hello!
I didn't see a welcome forum here so I thought I'd post here. Is this ok?

My name is NiNa, I'm 35 & I'm looking to meet new friends online & to learn more about "Web pages & Web hosting". I really don't know all that much about computers so any insight would be totally appreciated. :)

Hi Nina, there's lots of talent around here to help aiding you in desgin... Start some discussions about it and they'll all come running ;)

Just stay away from Black Verse and you will be fine, haha, just joking. Welcome aboard!

utcrazy said:
Just stay away from Black Verse and you will be fine, haha, just joking. Welcome aboard!
Yeah, Black Verse is pretty bad. I like Blank Verse a whole lot better.

moonshadow said:
:wave: Hello!
I didn't see a welcome forum here so I thought I'd post here. Is this ok?

My name is NiNa, I'm 35 & I'm looking to meet new friends online & to learn more about "Web pages & Web hosting". I really don't know all that much about computers so any insight would be totally appreciated. :)

Welcome Mrs. Nina.

And lets start with computers insight.

Since your posting on FWS i am assuming your using a pc :). So get a screw driver and open those nuts behind it and look inside it and you will see a lots of wire and few black things. That black think you see in the front shaped like rectangle is called a HDD or Hard Disk.

Those other things above it are either CD-ROM or CD-RW or DVD depends on what you have.

Those white things where you see some cards inserted are called PCI slots used to put cards in like sound card, video card , network card. And that black thing with a fan on it has your cpu (processor) under it. And the thing that is really hot right now is the PSU or a power supply unit it converts your ac to dc for your motherboard. Oh motherboard is that board where you see all the wires going into and which has pci slots on it.

Thanks pretty much of and "insight" of a computer. If need more info just let us know we provide more insight .

Cheers:wave:

a1whs.com said:
Welcome Mrs. Nina.

And lets start with computers insight.

Since your posting on FWS i am assuming your using a pc :). So get a screw driver and open those nuts behind it and look inside it and you will see a lots of wire and few black things. That black think you see in the front shaped like rectangle is called a HDD or Hard Disk.

Those other things above it are either CD-ROM or CD-RW or DVD depends on what you have.

Those white things where you see some cards inserted are called PCI slots used to put cards in like sound card, video card , network card. And that black thing with a fan on it has your cpu (processor) under it. And the thing that is really hot right now is the PSU or a power supply unit it converts your ac to dc for your motherboard. Oh motherboard is that board where you see all the wires going into and which has pci slots on it.

Thanks pretty much of and "insight" of a computer. If need more info just let us know we provide more insight .

Cheers:wave:

You left out the part about the fuzzy stuff clogging up that spinny thing that sits on top of that finned gizmo.

Rick said:
You left out the part about the fuzzy stuff clogging up that spinny thing that sits on top of that finned gizmo.

Oh ya thanks thats called Dust which piles up if you dont clean your pc .

Thanks once more.

Hi
hug4qi.jpg

All right reserved

my reputation precedes me :p Hi Nina, welcome to the forums. Don't listen to these weisenheimers, you do not need to shy away from me. I am the best member here, so feel free to give me money or shower me with praise and champagne.

Back