• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hey Canadians

I used to get pissed when those ----ers at the gas station would sneak canadian money in with my change. Now I say, bring it on.

Even the aussie dollar keeps rising, they reckon it will over take the USD by roughly 9c soon.
USD is ----ed but I guess thats what happens when you print money you dont have to fix every problem you have.

The dollar has lost more than 25 % of it's value to the swedish krona over the last two years.

On the upside for America, you will get an invasion of tourists from Europe this summer buying electronics, clothes etc.

A weaker US Dollar improves exports and productivity... and stronger currencies may deter tourists from going to those countries. It's different then what you may think.

While it will help with export growth itt wont help with buying power through imports.
and the USA has a lot of them.
Really I question if it will even help with exports, since the US does little of them as compared to nations like China.
the US ISP's that sell overseas will love it though, as more people from other countries start buying more for as they will see it "the same price".
I like the fact that I can look at servers in USD and get a AUD price in the sense of dollar for dollar.

Last edited:
the US ISP's that sell overseas will love it though, as more people from other countries start buying more for as they will see it "the same price".

I liked it more when sterling was double the value of a dollar. :)

While it will help with export growth itt wont help with buying power through imports.
Really I question if it will even help with exports, since the US does little of them as compared to nations like China.
I like the fact that I can look at servers in USD and get a AUD price in the sense of dollar for dollar.

Wow, I just checked the current rates. $1 AUD is $1.06 USD

When I went to Melbourne to stay with my uncle for a few weeks in 2006 it was something like $1 USD to $1.25 AUD

I've noticed the dollar is getting a little stronger after the capture of obl.

Wow, I just checked the current rates. $1 AUD is $1.06 USD

When I went to Melbourne to stay with my uncle for a few weeks in 2006 it was something like $1 USD to $1.25 AUD
So then you know the high price living over here.
You wouldnt of gained anything back then at 1.25$ I reckon you could spend a 1.50USD here for the same products that you would spend say 50 US cents on in your country.
If you came here now it would be one ----ing $$$$$$$$ holiday.

That's not telling the entire story.

A weaker dollar is also good for tourism and productivity. Buying power through imports? A weaker dollar could help reduce the trade deficit.

It could help improve the US manufacturing sector...

A stronger dollar has more disadvantages then a weaker dollar. You need to do COST v BENEFIT analysis. This is why Europe is in so much trouble now... well one big reason at least. The strong Euro is damaging economies.

oh snap GC is back.

anyways, I'm buying my next car in the States by the end of the summer. Wanna get myself a Mustang. MSRP is like $5k lower in the States.

oh snap GC is back.

anyways, I'm buying my next car in the States by the end of the summer. Wanna get myself a Mustang. MSRP is like $5k lower in the States.

MustangHorse_jpg.jpg

Back