• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hentai site/imageboard

Malo7001

Hello all. I'm looking for hosting for a hentai site (which if you don't know the term is adult anime content). My site will offer a bulletin board system, and imageboard by which users can request, post and share their own content (images only). Unfortunately due to the nature of this from time to time a user may unknowingly post an image which falls under copyright. To circumvent this I will have an active moderator team and reporting system (written in japanese as well) by which copyright holders can inform me of non-consensual use of their works and have them removed, and upon proving to me or my staff that they do infact own the works in question have them added to the list of forbidden content in my TOS. As my TOS stands now it prohibits users from use of services to break any copyright law and states that they are responsible for anything they post and that neither the site, its staff or it's host are to be held accountable for any content a user posts.

That being said, I don't think there will be much of a problem (the imageboard will only have about 10 pages of retention anyways).

Anywho, I need a hosting service which must meet the following criteria;

1. Must allow adult content (of course).
  2. Must be under $6 (I will eventually have to upgrade if the site does grow).
  3. Must offer atleast 350GB of webspace.
  4. Must offer atleast 250GB of bandwidth.
  5. Must support perl scripts/cgi etc.
  6. Minimum 4 mysql database allowance.

Other than that I'd like a service with good uptime. Also a free subdomain (not necessary but will sway me in your favor).

I'm afraid your request is a bit unrealistic. 350GB of disk space and 250GB of bandwidth for $6.00/month, it's just not gonna happen. If someone offers you that for that price, don't expect too much uptime and a decent service. Let me warn you that if you get an offer like that, it's probably going to be 15 year old kids who want to make some quick cash.

You will have to multiply your budget with AT LEAST 10 if you want a decent offer to be placed. Other members on this forum will probably recommend a dedicated server or a VPS for a website of this size.

I'm sorry I can't help you further with an offer, though if you listen to what I said carefully it WILL save you a lot of trouble, frustration and downtime.

LOL! I about fell out of my chair when I read that request.

To actually get 350GB of real usable space (not oversold crap), you're looking at a dedicated server and thus a bare minimum of probably 15x your $6 price for a low-end server. Either greatly increase your budget or greatly reduce your requirements, then we can go from there. :)

i can get you a small dedicated server for $31.99/month. that is really the only thing i can offer with your specs and not overselling.

I am rather interested in japanese stuff myself so this request is rather interesting. Anime and hentia is cool, i love J-Rock too so it would be great if you added a section for that :)

I would be happy to host your site as long as it will NOT contain a loli/lolicon section.

as said before, your request is a little bit of a shocker.

For the $6 you are offering i could provide you with my 'plus' plan which is usually £5/$10.

----------
Disk Space 4GB
Bandwidth 16GB
MySQL Databases 20
Emails 20
FTP Accounts 10
SubDomains UNLIMITED
Email Lists 3
FrontPage® YES
CGI Access YES
RV Site Builder FREE
RV Skins FREE
AND LOADS MORE!
--------

This would do to start you off, as your site grows i could provide you with more resources. I can provide you with a free subdomain or, if you pay annualy i will give you a FREE domain!

As this is been offered at a lower rate you will need to contact me to have a custom plan set up, live support will be online til 12pm GMT and you can also email support@3rdrockhosting.com, alternitavely, open a ticket at our support desk

Looking forward to speaking with you ;)
http://www.3rdrockhosting.com

Last edited:
I think you are misguided by the big companies. They offer a LOT of disk space for a really low price because they oversell like crazy. They know must users won't use more than 1% of that. So if you want a plan from a small hosting company (trust me, the service and customer support really changes), you will have to either get a VPS or a dedicated server.

[DWH]Yuxuan;961386 said:
I think you are misguided by the big companies. They offer a LOT of disk space for a really low price because they oversell like crazy. They know must users won't use more than 1% of that. So if you want a plan from a small hosting company (trust me, the service and customer support really changes), you will have to either get a VPS or a dedicated server.

Yay! Someone who's intelligent! :D

Let me warn you that if you get an offer like that, it's probably going to be 15 year old kids who want to make some quick cash.

You do realize that is untrue. Not all 15 year olds do stuff like that. I wish people would stop saying "15 year olds" say "kiddy hosts" - not every 15 year old is the same.

Well Dreamhost offers 1000GB and 5TB transfer for 10.95 (+$50 setup). Not to mention the bandwidth and disk space increase every week your with them.

Anyone have experience with them? Are they one of these 'oversellers'?

3RH it will not contain lolicon (however, anime character always tend to look younger than they are, but we will not allow blatant images of characters who look like children) .

I'm willing to raise my request to $10/month and lower my disk space and bandwidth to 50GB space/ and 100GB transfer. Would this be more realistic?

I'd take a look at dreamhost's TOS before you get tempted by those huge numbers ;)

I'm willing to raise my request to $10/month and lower my disk space and bandwidth to 50GB space/ and 100GB transfer. Would this be more realistic?

Crissic Solutions has what you need!
Disk Space: 10GB
Bandwidth: 100GB
Unlimited EVERYTHING
cPanel11, MySQL5/PHP5, Ruby on Rails, Fantastico deLuxe, RVSkins, RVSiteBuilder PRO, and MORE!
Adult Content is ALLOWED as long as it is legal
Cost: $8.99 per month -- $7.99 per month if you pay yearly!
Order Now

For you, we would be willing to up this to 50GB Space for $9.99 per month, please PM me for an order link, or you can order the one above, and upgrade at a later date.

hello again :)

I agree, a lot of stuff does look a bit 'young' when it comes to hentai. As long as its not actually meant to be lolicon i dont mind, if thats the way the artist imagined it then thats the way it should be.

Because we share something in common and i am also interrested in seeing this site come to life, i will offer you what you are asking, 50GB/100GB for the $10. Also, when you start offering ad space, maybe you could offer me a discount in return for more resources?

Live support should be on a little longer, if you wish you can also add me to msn support@3rdrockhosting.com

Good luck :)

Hello Malo7001
For only $5.99 per month at a LOCKED PRICE!
We can offer you our CUSTOM Plan which consists of:
4,000 MB Space (DOUBLED If you join now 8,000MB)
60,000 MB Bandwidth
(DOUBLED If you join now 120,000MB)
---------------------------------------------
Features Included:
  • Cpanel 11 w/ Fantastico Deluxe *HOT*
  • Unlimited Sub Domains/Parked Domains
  • Unlimited MySQL
  • Unlimited FTP
  • Unlimited Email accounts.
  • CGI, PERL and PHP Support
  • ImageMagick & GD Library Supported
  • FrontPage Extensions
  • 24/7 Ticket Support System and MORE!
  • ADULT AND ANIME CONTENT ACCEPTED
99.8% Uptime Guarantee
Our current uptime (99.98% is our current Uptime)
You can visit our site for a more detailed list of what our plan offers at www.genomehost.com
14 Day Money Back Guarantee!

Well Dreamhost offers 1000GB and 5TB transfer for 10.95 (+$50 setup). Not to mention the bandwidth and disk space increase every week your with them.

3RH it will not contain lolicon (however, anime character always tend to look younger than they are, but we will not allow blatant images of characters who look like children) .

Honestly though, we are not here to scam you. We are here to help you. If it makes you feel better, I wasn't even going to offer you a plan, only some advice.

Trust us, the hosts. We own the businesses and we know what happens behind the exterior. If more than one hosting company tells you your requirements are WAY out of line, don't bite back. Take a moment and think about what they (we) said.

I have an account with DH for several years now and using 450GB/Disk with 5TB+/Month bandwidth. Never an issue.

If you are looking for a provider with the most flexible TOS available - Dreamhost is it. They allow anime and require a DMCA before taking anything down. I would highly recommend them as long as the content is legal in the US.

Back