• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help with unmanaged box

Originally posted by Gayowulf

a lot is wrong with rackshack. For one it is too big.

Can you please explain a little further? I no that RS has had there fair share of problems, but really what company hasn't? They have been very responsive to peoples request for change, which I think is excellent. Don't get me wrong, I have deffinatly had my fair share of problems with RackShack, they are nowhere near perfect. I think a lot ( probably 90% ) of the negative feedback that is said about RS is because of the lack of knowledge people have when getting a RS server. They expect the world for $99 a month, and when they don't get it, they whine about it.

The hardware may not be the best in the industry, but it obviously gets the job done. They seem to be improving in that area as well, as they just struck a deal with compaq ( and I must say our new compaq RS server is quite a machine ) for something like $20 Million US if my memory is correct. We have been with RS since Sept. of last year, and have seen improvement after improvement. Sure there are still some things I would like them to change ( perhaps removing the Australian block from there sign up form ) but there are just certain things we need to live with in life, especially for $99 a month.

I'll stand behind RackShacks new Compaq's, they're great.

Most of the poeople who have a RackShack complaint did one of the following:

1. Requested 20 Ips <--- HS said himself, RackShack isnt' the place to be if you need this.

2. Forget that their server is unmanged! <--- RackShack doesn't have to give support for anything other than hardware, network, and DNS problems on their end. Their prices clearly reflect a unmanged/no hand holding service.

Then there are those with a legit complaint like bad hardware. Naturally with RackShack being a big company this is going to happen more often. But you can't say they aren't working that area also. <--- Major Compaq Deal

Also ... people must understand

You pay for what you get

Sure a web host could afford to spend $600 per month on a server

but joe bloggs down the road who wants a server can't afford that with no income other than his work :mad:

i can just about afford $99 per month with no setup fee .. all i need is a host which wont mind helping me abit .. not managing the server .. but you know ..pointing me in the right direction :)

Originally posted by cdudeuk18
all i need is a host which wont mind helping me abit .. not managing the server .. but you know ..pointing me in the right direction :)

The RS forums is a great place to get help. They probably have the answers to %75 of any questions you may have, and you can always ask if its not there.

Originally posted by Haze

The RS forums is a great place to get help. They probably have the answers to %75 of any questions you may have, and you can always ask if its not there.

Expensive setup fee now :mad:

i should have got one well it was $1 :mad:

Back