• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help with my new re-design

guitarnerd

Microsoft owns all
NLC
Hello everyone,
Well I am re-re-designing my site, I want to make like the best design ever. So I pretty much want EVERYBODY'S opinion on what to do, what script to make it in. I am think of making it in php and all the links will be includes, to add txt files to the pages but I will see.
I want it to be professional looking
And could I get some hex's that will look good on a template.

Well, includes hardly have an impact on how it looks. They won't even make much difference to how hard it is to update for a small site. :confused:

lol my site is not very small. Right now there are around 100 folders, all filled up with other folders the lay out for it right now is complex. And it is very hard to update. Cause if I change one thing I have to upload it to every folder. I just want Ideas for my site what would be cool. Please give me a hand

Well I like a site that has no hard corners... If your going to make a table type layout, like this:

Code:
|             |                                    |
| ______|__________________|

Then I like all of the corners to be rounded, I think it is easier on the eye...

And I like white or some really light colored backghround with black text, that is also easier on the eye.

A nice font like Arial or Verdana, the menu should stick out, mabe if the background is white, make the background of the menu be a nice blue.

Well, thats what I like to see :D

Edit: Well my little ASCII graphic above didn't work, it is supposed to be a two colum one... And mabe if its the main page or index, it should be three colums, but if it has content on it I believe it should be two colums, my opinoin

Last edited:
What about hexs what are some really nice colors that go together. Any suggestions, I want it to be easy on the eyes and proffesional also

Colors... Well I am a real fan og blue, so here are some:

[COLOR=296099]296099[/COLOR]
[COLOR=7D97B1]7D97B1[/COLOR]
[COLOR=5F8CBB]5F8CBB[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4A5E74]4A5E74[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0359A8]0359A8[/COLOR]
Steel Blue (Don't know the HEX)

My top favorite colors, but i think most professional colors are dim and grayish...

Originally posted by guitarnerd
lol my site is not very small. Right now there are around 100 folders, all filled up with other folders the lay out for it right now is complex. And it is very hard to update. Cause if I change one thing I have to upload it to every folder. I just want Ideas for my site what would be cool. Please give me a hand
Perhaps if you show us the actual site it would be easier (I thought you meant the one in your sig).

Is0lized ABSOLUTLY NOT I want the site to be somewhat image based. and I am creating all the images. I just want ideas like guide lines you know.
Meow, yeah that is why I am doing the redesign, with the current nav it is hard to keep it organized

Just don't put every single file in it's own directory and you're out of your misery. Do you have the same system on your HD? :p

Originally posted by meow
Just don't put every single file in it's own directory and you're out of your misery. Do you have the same system on your HD? :p
Meow it was a concept gone bad, that's all. I wanted my site to be well organized. but I got a little carried away. Actually my hard drives are some what organized. Every program that is installed is in it's own directory all my downloads are seperated into software, music, and into variouse other categories. And for recording audio/video, I have a dedicated 7200rpm hard drive for that. I am kinda a freak when it comes to organazation.

I just meant that includes can be more a PITA than a time saver if the site isn't big enough since one can't check the pages locally. But come to think of it, you have a server installed, haven't you?

Originally posted by meow
I just meant that includes can be more a PITA than a time saver if the site isn't big enough since one can't check the pages locally. But come to think of it, you have a server installed, haven't you?
Yes but my site is not hosted off of it. I get what you are saying about accessing them. I never thought of that. I just don't know what to do. I started designing some of the site last night, but I need a font pack for the text in the images. What are cool font packs? And I am going with a light grey and black text. The background color will probably be very very light grey

Nah, but if you have a server running with SSI/PHP can't you use it to view your includes locally? :confused:

Your asking me lol...I am just want advice now such as what to make it in, I am trying to stay away from the html, I am looking at PHP but for me I would be able to do it better in asp and vbscript. Actually I Know more about Java grrr...I am just contradicting myself trying to make up my mind. Hey it is possible to target links towards specific tables right?

Last edited:
Yeah, I've never run a server. But I assume that if you do it should work locally too.

PHP will output (X)HTML anyway or the browser can't read it

Back