• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help! -random computer problem!

cococomics

Hi everyone, I'm having an emergency with my computer right now.
First off, I'm using Windows XP pro.
Last night when I got home I tried to start it up and it seemed to be working but then the screen came up that says "blah blah blah.. safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration, start windows normally".
Desperate, I tried all of these methods and one of two things happened. Either it restarted completely, or just came back to that screen.
There is a lot of stuff on my hard drive I can't afford to lose, and was dumb enough not to back up.
There was no hint that this problem was coming, it just happened out of the blue.
If there is a way to fix this without losing my data, please let me know! I am very desperate to get it working again!

Thank you!!!

No, I haven't installed or removed anything or updated recently. Nothing out of the ordinary, this problem seems completely unprovoked! If possible I'd like to find out how to fix it myself. I think if I knew how I could definately fix it myself, and plus I don't have enough extra money right now to pay someone.

Back