• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help Please

velton

Trionaxos
NLC
Hi guys,
i've just would like to know what actually is this problem ? :confused4

i got an email from my root , look here

MPORTANT: Do not ignore this email.
The hostname (xxx.host.com) resolves to . It should resolve to 123.456.789.321 Please be sure to correct /etc/hosts as well as the 'A' entry in zone file for the domain.

Some are all of these problems can be caused by
/etc/resolv.conf being setup incorrectly. Please check this file if you
believe everything else is correct.

You may be able to
automaticly correct this problem by using the ' Add an A entry for your
hostname ' under ' Dns Functions ' in your Web Host Manager

the proble, is, i already done what i should but when each time i login to whm, still poping out the window which ask me to do add the A record for the hostname.

may i know is anyone facing this problem too ? :classic2:

thanks in advanced :p

Did you make sure to restart the server after adding said info? *sometimes that can be the issue* And yes I know it seems like a dumb question to ask but its worth a shot

There's a few scripts, in the /scripts folder surprisingly :wink2: that you should run to fix it, check the cPanel forums for the ones to do :)

Or some just run the fixallknownproblems one, not my pref though but works mosts times.

Manually try and add the A record for the hostname. The way it looks is as if the IP in the hostname's A record is incorrect.

Once you manually add the hostname, restart NAMED (BIND)

If it is still showing wrong, restart the server.

Back