• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help finding password script

ksb

Hey I need help finding a free password script, something that will allow users in my forum to log into my site with the same info. I've seen it on other sites where you log in and you are already logged in to their forums as well.
If you know any that would be awesome, for reference yes I have already checked the topic at hotscripts.

You'd need to use the same database for your site and forum that stores the user info. And I guess they'd also use the same cookie/session to check if they're logged in.

I could help you do this for a very small fee, as it would require some custom coding. Please contact me if you're interested.

well I have no paypal so fee's unfortunately are out of the question, if anyone will be nice enough to do it free or at least point me to some sort of tutorial that would be awesome!

By free hosted forum, you don't mean like invisionfree or something do you? I think you'd need control over your databases and all your files to do this. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to do. What forum are you using? Maybe if I have time, I can have a go at it on Friday :)

Seeing that its phpBB, I could probably do it without needing db access. I've got a phpBB forum of my own ^^
Do you actually want it so if they already logged in at your site, they are logged in at the forums as well and vice versa or do you just want it so if they are a member of your site, they can use the same account for the forums?

I just want it so that they must be a forum member to access certain pages. I need a login script that makes it so they can log in with the same info as the forums. I guess what I really want is to restrict certain pages to forum members but I will need something to insert to a page or a pop up or something for them to login as well. Can you do it?

PM me then when you finish :<). Killah im trusting you to delete the info I sent you and not use it, ok?

Well I still need help and no one has contacted me at all so if anyone else can do it please reply.

Back